Here you'll find all the best inspirational and tip-based posts that I've written over the years.
They're loosely categorized for you to browse here.
You don't have to quit your job and become a digital nomad in order to see the world.
Nowhere in the world is entirely safe, but you shouldn't let fear keep you from exploring it anyway.
Travel can teach you a lot, both about yourself and the wider world. Here are 26 things I've learned from traveling the world.
- 5 Ways Travel Has Made Me More Adventurous
- Why I'm Not Afraid to Travel Alone
- 10 Inspirational Tolkien Quotes About Travel and Life
- Life is Short. Travel Now.
- When Their Dream is Not Your Dream
- 5 Things My 86-Year-Old Grandma Taught Me About Travel
Did you know that a lot of people who love to travel are introverted? (It's not just you!) Here's what traveling as an introvert is like.
Travel is a privilege, and I AM pretty lucky in a lot of ways. So while I do work hard, I also won't get mad if you call me lucky to travel so much.
Fear, anxiety, boredom, loneliness… there's nothing wrong with you if you feel these things on a trip!
- 9 Reasons You Should Never Travel the World
- Why Traveling as a Female Rocks (and Why it Sucks)
- Why Sustainable Tourism Should Matter to You
- Should You Quit School to Travel the World?
- Is Travel the Best Education?
- Am I a Lame Traveler? (Or Why You Should Never Let Anyone Tell You Where You Should or Shouldn't Travel)
- The Traveler vs. Tourist Debate and Why I Don’t Give a Crap
- 5 Times When It's NOT OK to Take a Travel Selfie
- Why Guided Tours are Not the Devil
- The Pros and Cons of Travel
- What is travel? Why do we do it?
- “Dark” Travel as a Way to Pay Tribute
Here are all the things you don't want to forget to do before leaving on that next trip abroad.
Keep yourself safe from pickpockets and other petty crime with these tips on how to keep your things safe on your travels.
Long-haul flights are never really fun when you're flying economy. But they can suck a little less if you remember to pack the right things for the plane.
- 10 Tips for How to Travel More with Limited Vacation Time
- 8 Tips for Planning the Perfect Long Weekend Trip
- How to Plan a Weekend Away That Actually Feels Like a Vacation
- The Best Ways to Stay Connected on Your Travels
- 7 Essential Tips for Flying Budget Airlines in the US
- Travel in the Time of Zika: How to Avoid Mosquitos on the Road
- How to Deal With Travel-Wary Parents
- 9 Money-Saving Tips For Travelers From Travelers
- Converting to Carry-on-Only Travel (and Some Packing Tips)
- 7 Ways You Can Help Combat Climate Change as a Traveler
- 6 Easy Ways to Use Less Plastic on Your Travels
- How to Photograph the Northern Lights
Traveling solo for the first time? Use these tips to help make your first solo trip safe and fun.
All the questions you've ever had about solo travel answered all together in one post.
People often assume (or tell you) that you should be afraid of traveling solo as a woman. But I'm not afraid, and here's why.
- Dear Dad: Please Don't Worry (a Treatise on Solo Female Travel)
- 3 Great Destinations for First-Time Solo Female Travelers
- 7 Great Places for Solo Female Travel in 2015
- 5 Reasons Solo Travel Sucks
River cruising is my favorite kind of cruising. Here are 7 reasons to go on a river cruise.
Avalon Waterways has launched a line of active river cruises, which offer brand new types of excursions.
If you want to celebrate the holidays in a new way, consider a Christmas market river cruise!
- Cruising Solo: What It's Like to Go on a Viking River Cruise Alone
- 6 Highlights from an Active River Cruise with Avalon Waterways
- Cruising Eastern Europe with AmaWaterways
- Meet Giannina – Life as a Cruise Ship Employee
- Cruising to Alaska: Tips for Success
- Why Cruises Make Great Family Vacations
- Amanda’s Holiday Gift Guide for Travelers and Travel Lovers
- The Quest to Find the Perfect Travel Shoe
- The Best Luggage and Bags for Travel
- A Peek Inside My Camera Bag: My Favorite Travel Photography Gear
- My Favorite Travel Gear in 2017
- Where it All Began: It’s Carmen Sandiego’s Fault
- Why I DIDN'T Quit My Job to Travel
- My Travel Tattoos and Their Stories
- Musing on My Concept of Home and How Travel Has Shaped It
- 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Going on a Digital Detox
- How to Plan a Travel-Themed Wedding That Doesn’t Suck
- 9 Signs You Are NOT a Hiker
Because sometimes I do write posts for other bloggers.
It's the number one question people ask me, and I break down my income streams for you in this post.
For anyone curious about starting their own travel blog, here's how you can get started.
For better or worse, travel blogging has definitely changed the way I travel.
- How Blogging Has Changed the Way I Travel
- Turning a Blog into a Business: 7 Things I Did Right
- 5 Lessons from 5 Years of Travel Blogging
- My Life as a Travel Blogger
- Behind the Scenes: What is Working Remotely Really Like?
- Is Anybody Out There? Hang in There, Travel Bloggers
- Secrets to Running a Travel Blog When You Aren't Traveling
- How to Work With Tourism Boards
- Why the Travel Blogging Community is Awesome
- 18 Travel Bloggers with Different Perspectives to Follow