Please note: I do NOT accept sponsored posts written by third parties, nor am I currently accepting guest posts. Please do not send me pitches for posts.
Why Work With a Blogger?
When it comes to the online world, people do not follow Twitter profiles or Facebook pages or even websites. People follow people. And that's where working with an established blogger can be beneficial for you and your brand.
A good travel blogger not only writes about destinations, reviews tours, takes brilliant photos, and kicks ass on social media — he/she does all of this while also letting his/her unique personality shine through in those posts, reviews, photos, and even tweets. By being open, honest and “real,” bloggers have the ability to build relationships with their readers that go beyond stats and numbers of followers.
Add to this the fact that travel bloggers offer coverage before, during, and after an experience, and the question really should be “Why wouldn't you work with a blogger?”
Let Me Promote You
At age 30, I have thus far visited 45+ countries on 6 continents around the globe. I have camped in the jungle in Guatemala, been bungee jumping (4 times!) in New Zealand, traveled through Eastern Europe by train, played a concert on the Great Wall of China, road tripped across the United States, overlanded through southern Africa, and snorkeled with sharks in Belize. I've been on cruises, gone backpacking solo, and done guided group tours. I've stayed in questionable hostels, upscale hotels, and on stranger's couches. I'm up for trying anything once, and I write honestly about all of my travel experiences — whether epic or mundane — on my blog.
2017 Travel Plans
Tentatively, my upcoming travel plans include:
January-June 2017 – USA (trips planned to Chicago, Milwaukee, and Oregon)
July 2017 – Europe (mostly Scandinavia)
August-October 2017 – USA (road trip planned to Wyoming and Idaho in August)
When I'm not traveling, you'll find me at home near Cleveland, Ohio.
If you represent a travel-related company in any of the areas listed above (or even any others!), please get in touch to discuss possible partnerships.
How Can We Partner?
I am open to working with travel companies of all shapes and sizes that would be of interest to my readership. Partnership/sponsorship possibilities can include:
- Travel gear reviews
- Day trips/tours
- Multi-day tours
- Individual attractions
- Adventure activities
- Unique food experiences
- Transport partnerships
- Press/familiarization trips
- Instagram takeovers
- Brand ambassadorships
Sponsorships can range from a review of a day tour all the way to on-going travel arrangements throughout the course of my adventures around the world. The above list is, of course, not all-inclusive, and I would be happy to discuss any other partnership ideas that might work for your brand.
A brief look at some of my past partnerships:
- Partnership with Intrepid Travel — A Dangerous Business has partnered several times with small-group adventure travel company Intrepid Travel. Each tour results in social media coverage during the trip, as well as a variety of content (blog posts, photos, video) created post-tour.
- Partnership with Busabout – I have worked with Busabout in Europe twice now, including spending a month traveling on/promoting their hop-on, hop-off network in Western Europe.
- Innovation Norway / Visit Norway USA press trips — I've worked closely with Norwegian tourism boards twice, first to plan a 10-day trip around Norway in May 2015, and then again to plan a weeklong winter adventure in Northern Norway in February 2016.
- Blogmanay campaign — In December 2012, I was one of 21 international travel bloggers invited by Edinburgh's Hogmanay, VisitScotland, ETAG and Edinburgh Festivals to travel to Edinburgh, Scotland, to experience/take part in the country's annual Hogmanay New Year's celebrations. Highlights included participating in the Torchlight Procession, as well as the Loony Dook.
Who else I've worked with:
What I Can Offer During Partnerships
If we partner up, here are some of the things I can offer as part of my coverage:
- Social media coverage during trip/experience (including mentions on Facebook and Twitter, Instagram photos, Snapchat stories, and use of a hashtag if appropriate)
- An agreed-upon number of blog posts after the trip/experience, complete with photos
- Photo and video content (at an extra cost)
Want to learn more? Please contact me to see examples or discuss possible partnership opportunities with A Dangerous Business at email@example.com.
Current stats as of February 10, 2017:
Average monthly visitors: 120,000+
Average monthly page views: 195,000+
Facebook fans: 32,500+
Instagram followers” 19,500+
Twitter followers: 26,000+
Newsletter subscribers: 2,500+
Google PageRank: 4
Klout score: 72
My audience comes from the following regions:
United Kingdom: 8%
And the age/gender breakdown is as follows:
To learn more about my readers and website stats, please download a copy of my media kit.
In accordance with ethical blogging practices, all reviews/promotion hosted on A Dangerous Business in exchange for a travel experience will be 100% truthful and include a sponsorship notation somewhere in the post. I will not talk badly about your competitors in any review, post, or discussion under any circumstance, and I do not guarantee positive coverage.
Looking for something more than a partnership? I can offer that, too.
Freelance Travel Writing
As a travel blogger with 7 years of online writing experience under my belt and a bachelor's degree in journalism, I am in the position to offer writing services to travel-related websites or publications.
Whether you are looking for original content about somewhere I have traveled to, or you need a research-based piece written about a specific destination, I can provide you with unique copy — often with photos included.
Thanks to my journalism background, you can be assured that said copy will be unique, well-written, and delivered by any deadline you set.
**To discuss rates for any of the above-mentioned services, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertisers on A Dangerous Business can reach a wide audience of travel-minded readers, who are interested in engaging stories and useful information about travel as a whole. That audience is expanding daily.
A Dangerous Business is willing to discuss a variety of advertising options on this site. A few examples of available advertising options are:
- Reviews – of products, services, attractions, tours, hotels, books, and more.
- Branded content – for example, posts or links within a post.
- Social media amplification – on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Ads – banner ads or text.
Rates are competitive, but negotiable. Please contact A Dangerous Business for more information, or to discuss rates.
Note: I do NOT accept sponsored posts written by third parties. Please do not send me pitches for posts.
The Fine Print
Any sponsored content published on this blog will include a disclaimer and/or disclosure notice, identifying it as such, in line with FTC guidelines.