Who am I?
I'm Amanda, a blogger, adventure-seeker, and photography enthusiast from northeast Ohio. With degrees in journalism and tourism management and more than seven years of blogging and social media experience under my belt, I offer a unique skill set to brands and destinations interested in reaching an engaged audience of travel enthusiasts.
A Dangerous Business is an established brand that frequently makes lists of top travel blogs in the world. Content produced on my site and social media channels reach millions of people each month.
Who is my audience?
A Dangerous Business produces content to appeal to a Millennial and Gen X audience who live “normal” lifestyles (with careers and mortgages), but who want to see the world and maximize their vacation time.
My audience comes from the following regions:
My audience is roughly 70% female, and the age breakdown is as follows:
In a recent survey of ADB readers, 55% travel 2-4 times per year, and 88% take trips that range from 1-14 days on average. 60% of readers surveyed reported that they travel on an “average/moderate budget.”
Current site stats as of June 3, 2017:
Average monthly visitors: 125,000+
Average monthly page views: 180,000+
Facebook fans: 33,200+
Instagram followers: 20,500+
Twitter followers: 27,000+
Pinterest followers: 7,000+ (with more than 1M monthly views)
Newsletter subscribers: 3,000+
Google PageRank: 4
Klout score: 72
Readers of A Dangerous Business are purchasers, too. Every month, A Dangerous Business helps drive more than $20,000 in sales to its affiliate partners.
To learn more about my readers and website stats, please download a copy of my media kit.
A Dangerous Business has partnered with dozens of destinations and travel brands in the last 7 years. Content produced from these campaigns has reached millions of interested readers.
A few examples of the content produced during past partnerships:
- Intrepid Travel — A Dangerous Business has partnered several times with small-group adventure travel company Intrepid Travel. Each tour results in social media coverage during the trip, as well as a variety of content (blog posts, photos, video) created post-tour. Example post: Traveling in Vietnam with Intrepid Travel
- Visit Britain — I took part in the #WelcomeToEngland campaign to help highlight often-overlooked parts of England. Example post: Things You Probably Don't Know About Hull, England
- Busabout – I have worked with Busabout in Europe twice now, including spending a month traveling on/promoting their hop-on, hop-off network in Western Europe. Example post: What's It Like to Travel Around Europe With Busabout?
- Innovation Norway / Visit Norway USA — I've worked closely with Norwegian tourism boards on multiple trips. Content from these campaigns consistently gets shared thousands of times. Example post: A Travel Itinerary for 10 Days in Norway
- Haggis Adventures — I've partnered multiple times with Haggis Adventures and its sister company, Highland Explorer Tours, in Scotland. Example post: The Isle of Lewis and Harris: Scotland's Best-Kept Secret?
- Viking River Cruises — I've worked with Viking River Cruises twice to showcase their cruises, including once from a solo travel perspective. Example post: Christmas Markets with Viking River Cruises: What's It Really Like?
- Puerto Rico Tourism — Thinking About a Caribbean Vacation? Think Puerto Rico
- Rocky Mountaineer — 27 Photos from Aboard the Rocky Mountaineer
- Texas Tourism — Beyond Spring Break: A South Padre Island To-Do List
- Greyhound — A Couples Weekend Getaway to Chicago
- Yemaya Island Hideaway and Spa — Sisters Getaway: Discovering Little Corn Island in Style
- Mall of America — 3 Days at the Mall of America: Awesome or Awful?
Who I've worked with:
What I Can Offer During Partnerships
If we partner up, here are some of the things I can offer as part of my coverage:
- Social media coverage during trip/experience (including mentions on Facebook and Twitter, Instagram photos, Snapchat stories, and use of a hashtag if appropriate)
- An agreed-upon number of blog posts after the trip/experience, complete with photos
- Photo and video content (at an extra cost)
Want to learn more? Please contact me to see examples or discuss possible partnership opportunities with A Dangerous Business at email@example.com.
In accordance with ethical blogging practices, all reviews/promotion hosted on A Dangerous Business in exchange for a travel experience will be 100% truthful and include a sponsorship notation somewhere in the post. I will not talk badly about your competitors in any review, post, or discussion under any circumstance, and I do not guarantee positive coverage.
2017 Travel Plans
Tentatively, my upcoming travel plans include:
- January-June 2017 – USA (trips planned to Chicago, Milwaukee, and Oregon)
- July 2017 – Europe (mostly Scandinavia)
- August-October 2017 – USA (road trip planned to Wyoming and Idaho in August)
When I'm not traveling, you'll find me at home near Cleveland, Ohio.
If you represent a travel-related company in any of the areas listed above (or even any others!), please get in touch to discuss possible partnerships.
Looking for something more than a partnership? I can offer that, too.
Freelance Travel Writing
As a travel blogger with 7 years of online writing experience under my belt and a bachelor's degree in journalism, I am in the position to offer writing services to travel-related websites or publications.
Whether you are looking for original content about somewhere I have traveled to, or you need a research-based piece written about a specific destination, I can provide you with unique copy — often with photos included.
Thanks to my journalism background, you can be assured that said copy will be unique, well-written, and delivered by any deadline you set.
**To discuss rates for the above-mentioned services, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertisers on A Dangerous Business can reach a wide audience of travel-minded readers, who are interested in engaging stories and useful information about travel as a whole. That audience is expanding daily.
A Dangerous Business is willing to discuss a variety of advertising options on this site. A few examples of available advertising options are:
- Reviews – of products, services, attractions, tours, hotels, books, and more.
- Branded content – for example, posts or links within a post.
- Social media amplification – on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Ads – banner ads or text.
Rates are competitive, but negotiable. Please contact A Dangerous Business for more information, or to discuss rates.
Note: I do NOT accept sponsored posts written by third parties. Please do not send me pitches for posts.
The Fine Print
Any sponsored content published on this blog will include a disclaimer and/or disclosure notice, identifying it as such, in line with FTC guidelines.