Canada is the world’s second-largest country, made up of ten unique provinces and three territories. Known for its stunning natural landscapes, vibrant cities, and variety of cultures, Canada is an incredible destination with so much to offer.
Canada quick facts
- Population: 37.6 million
- Language: English and French (mainly in Quebec)
- Currency: Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Capital city: Ottawa
- Country size: 3.8 million square miles
- High season: Summer
Top 10 things to do in Canada
- Take a stunning road trip through Alberta
- Get the best of city life and nature in Vancouver, BC
- Visit Niagara Falls in Ontario
- Try traditional cuisine like poutine in Quebec
- Get your cowboy on at the Calgary Stampede
- Visit Ottawa during the International Tulip Festival
- Enjoy fresh lobster rolls in Nova Scotia
- Hike the incredible West Coast Trail in British Columbia
- See polar bears in the wild in Manitoba
- Hunt for the the Northern Lights
One of the best ways to see Canada is by car. Canada is perfect for road trips, with routes like the Icefields Parkway and Cabot Trail that highlight the country’s natural beauty. (Search for a rental car here.)
Trains are another good way to get around, with many scenic routes around the country. VIA Rail offers the most options.
Since Canada is so large, flying is your best bet if you plan to visit more than one region of the country. (For example, Vancouver to Toronto is a 4.5 hour flight.)
And within major cities, public transit is the easiest and most economical way to get around. However, public transit infrastructure is lacking in smaller towns and rural areas.