Can't get enough? Here are some other places around the Internet you can find me.
Appearances / Speaking
I was featured on an episode of HuffPost Live about Why More Women Are Traveling Solo.
I spoke at the 2017 Women in Travel Summit on a panel about social media strategy.
I participated on a panel at the New York Times Travel Show in 2018 about being a blogger/influencer.
I've been a mentor/speaker at Bloghouse in 2017 and 2018.
I'll be speaking at TravelCon in September 2018.
I'm currently a member of the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW), a member (and former board member) of the Professional Travel Bloggers Association (PTBA), and a member of the North American Travel Journalists Association (NATJA).
I am also a press card-holding member of the International Travel Writers Alliance.
I've been featured in stories from the following online outlets:
- Everything You Need to Know About Traveling Solo as a Woman at HuffPost Travel
- Here's How You Can Actually Travel the World Without Quitting Your Job at Buzzfeed
- How One Travel Blogger Funds Her Adventures at US News & World Report
- Maintaining relationships on the road at USA Today Travel
- Alumna Travels the World and Blogs About It at Kent State University
In 2013, I won the Ottawa Tourism Travel Writing Award for a piece I wrote about staying at the Ottawa Jail Hostel.
I was an official #WeGoSolo ambassador in conjunction with HostelBookers, seeking to promote safe and smart solo female travel.
- Interview at Misadventures With Andi
- Interview at NZ Muse
- Podcast interview with The Budget-Minded Traveler
- Interview at Learn to Blog
- Interview at iExplore
- Interview at Paste Magazine
- Interview at Cooperatize
- Interview at Blog Profits
- Interview with Trafalgar Tours
A Dangerous Business has been featured in the following lists of top blogs:
- Top 50 Travel Blogs (The Expeditioner)
- The World's Best Travel Blogs (Everything Everywhere)
- Follow these 9 savvy female explorers (Bizwomen)
- Top 10 Travel Blogs We Love (She Knows)
- 16 Travel Blogs That Will Make You Want to Pack Your Bags (Brit + Co)
- Follow These 5 Female Travel Bloggers (TravelAge West)
- 60 Travel Bloggers and Photographers on Instagram to Fuel Your Wanderlust (Shutterstock)
- Top Travel Blogs for Women in 2016 (Travel Fashion Girl)
- The Top 12 Most Influential Travel Bloggers (US City Traveler)
- Top 20 Travel Bloggers of 2016 to Inspire Your Next Vacation (Mogul)
- Top 100 Travel Bloggers (Nomadic Samuel)
- 36 Travel Blogs to Follow and the Benefits (yTravel Blog)
- 50 Kick-Ass Female Travel Blogs to Follow in 2014 (Travel Junkette)
- 11 Must-Read Travel Blogs By Women (Room Suggestion)
- Top 25 Solo Female Travel Bloggers to Follow in 2015 (Flip Key)
- 17 Travel Bloggers to Follow in 2016 (Hippie in Heels)
- Inspirational Travel Bloggers of 2016 (Compare the Market)
- 50 Inspiring Travel Accounts to Follow on Instagram (The Wandering Blonde)
- The Top 47 Best Travel Blogs to Follow 2016 (Wealthy Gorilla)
- 2017's Most-Traveled Bloggers (Hometogo)
Guest Blogging / Freelance
Check out my guest blog posts / freelance work on other sites:
- Top 10 Tips: Wellington on a Budget at Travel With a Mate
- Best New Zealand Activities for Thrill-Seekers at Travel With a Mate
- Missing New Zealand at Why Wait to See the World
- When a Travel Blogger is Stuck at Home at Adventurous Kate
- Tips for your first time… in New Zealand at Finding the Universe
- 6 Ways to be a More Adventurous Traveler at Maiden Voyage
- What to Do in New Zealand at C'est Christine
- 6 Dumb Reasons People Don't Travel at Gap Year Escape
- Welcome to Arrowtown: A Photo Essay at Average Traveller
- Traveling Solo to Somber Places at Solo Friendly
- Six practical tips for you first time in Wellington at Indie Travel Podcast
- Ultimate Female Travel Packing List for New Zealand (in Winter) at Her Packing List
- Yes, You Can Travel on a Student Budget at Hack College
- Sustainable Tourism: What is It, and Why Should We Care? at LandLopers
- What to Do in Wellington, New Zealand at y Travel Blog
- Awe-struck by the dancing lights at the Frontiers North Adventures blog
- 5 Reasons I'm Not Afraid To Travel Alone As A Woman at Thought Catalog
- Girls' Getaway to NYC at RueBaRue
- 12 Tips for Scoring the Best Flight Deals at The Dig
- Girls Getaway to London at RueBaRue
- Postcards from Russia at Hecktic Travels
- A First-Timers Guide to New Orleans at Flight Network
- Responsible Tourism: Leaving a Positive Impact When and Where You Travel at WellWellWell
- 6 Safety Tips for Solo Female Travelers at Pacsafe
The Journal by Intrepid Travel
I am a regular contributor to Intrepid Travel's blog.
Find all my posts on my author page.
Discover Ohio Blog
I contribute every so often to the Discover Ohio blog.
Find all my Ohio blogs here.
I contribute once per month to the Barclays travel blog. Here are some of my favorite posts:
- Fun Ways to Travel Solo
- Road Trip Ready: Essentials to Pack
- Reykjavik, Iceland in a Day
- Studying Abroad Tips
- Spectacular Fall Foliage Spots in the US
- Unique Places to Stay Around the World
- 5 National Parks That Are Just As Great in Winter
- 7 Volcanoes From Around the World That You Can Hike
- Galentine's Getaways: Trips to Take With Your Best Girlfriends
- Tips for Taking More Sustainable Trips
- 48 Hours in Bangkok, Thailand
I freelanced for a while for Roam Right Travel Insurance's blog.
- Check out my author page to see all of my posts there.
I've also freelanced in the past for sites like AFAR, BootsnAll, Travel Mindset, and the Viator travel blog.
Selected Other Mentions
- “5 Things to Love About Ottawa” featured in The Radar (Jan. 9) at National Geographic's Intelligent Travel blog.
- My posts on Ljubljana and Lake Bled featured in 100 Most Romantic Places on Earth at HostelBookers.
- “5 Ways Travel Has Made Me More Adventurous” mentioned in Travel Links of the Week (March 8) at Travel Junkette.
- A post about the pros and cons of traveling as a woman listed in LandLopers Picks of the Week (March 8) at LandLopers.
- A post full of fun facts about Pittsburgh listed in The Radar: Travel Lately (May 15) at National Geographic's Intelligent Travel blog, and linked on Popcity's Buzz page.
- “5 Reasons Solo Travel Sucks” featured in #NGTRadar: Travel Lately (Sept. 4) at National Geographic's Intelligent Travel blog, mentioned in Travel Linksperation: August 2013 at An Opportune Moment, and included in Best Reads: August 2013 at Indefinite Adventure.
- A post of mine linked to in 65 Links to Help You Travel Around the World (#6) at BootsnAll.
- My Naxos post featured in #NGTRadar: Travel Lately (Dec. 4 at National Geographic's Intelligent Travel.
- A post about Middle-Earth-related locations in New Zealand featured in LP pathfinders: top posts from July 2015 at the Lonely Planet blog.
- My site featured in Read This Blog at Caroline in the City.
- A travel health tip of mine featured in 32 Travel Health Tips from 32 Travel Bloggers at Sick on the Road.
- A packing tip of mine featured in 60 Travel Packing Tips From the Experts at Travel Fashion Girl.
- Travel lessons of mine mentioned in 11 Lessons from 4 #WeGoSolo Experts at the HostelBookers blog.
- An adventure of mine featured in 28 Epic Adventures by Travel Bloggers in 2013 at Traveling Canucks.
- A travel tip of mine featured in Solo Female Travel Tips at TravelZoo UK.
- A solo travel tip of mine featured in 20 Female Solo Travel Bloggers Share Tips for First-Timers at TripAdvisor's blog.
- An Instagram photo of mine featured in The 14 Most Inspiring Travel Photos This Week at Matador Network.
- My favorite South American city was featured in a post on the Intrepid Travel Blog.
- A suggestion of mine featured in 7 Cheap Student Holiday Getaways at GoEuro.
- A solo travel tip of mine was featured in a piece by TripAdvisor.
- My favorite lakeside hotel was featured in a story on The Hotel Edit by Expedia.
- One of my tattoos was included in Travel Tattoos from Around the World at Be My Travel Muse.
- I talk up Cleveland and why I chose to move here in a post on Livability.
- I contributed to a piece about Caribbean Vacation Secrets at Beach.com.
I've had three travel pieces published in the Findlay Courier newspaper: A story about “Lord of the Rings” locations to visit in New Zealand, tips on how to make the most of an Alaskan cruise, and my behind-the-scenes look at Cedar Point's HalloWeekends.
I have also had a story about Berlin published in Blogosphere Magazine.
And a photo of mine of Osuna, Spain, was published in a special Game of Thrones magazine by Conde Nast in April 2016.