Zimbabwe is a country in southern Africa known for its diverse wildlife and natural landscapes.
One of the most popular reasons to travel to Zimbabwe is to see Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. The country is also home to fantastic national parks and game reserves.
Zimbabwe quick facts
- Population: 14.4 million
- Language: 16 official languages, most commonly spoken are Shona, Ndebele, and English
- Currency: Zimbabwean Dollar (ZWD)
- Capital city: Harare
- Country size: 150,872 square miles
- High season: Dry season (May to October)
Top 10 things to do in Zimbabwe
- Go on safari in Hwange National Park
- See the stunning Victoria Falls
- Take a helicopter or microlight flight over the falls
- Swim in the Devil's Pool on the edge of Victoria Falls
- Bungee jump over the Zambezi River
- Spot wildlife at Mana Pools National Park
- Explore the mysterious Chinhoyi Caves
- Take a houseboat out on Lake Kariba
- Spot rhinos at Matopos National Park
- Check out the Great Zimbabwe Ruins
In order to visit the national parks and reserves in Zimbabwe, you can either rent your own car or join an organized safari or overland tour.
Victoria Falls shares a border with Zimbabwe and Zambia. To reach the falls on the Zambia side, it’s necessary to travel to the town of Victoria Falls, Zambia first.