Can’t get enough? Here are some other places around the Internet you can find me.
In 2013, I won the Ottawa Tourism Travel Writing Award for a piece I wrote about staying at the Ottawa Jail Hostel.
I’m an official #WeGoSolo ambassador in conjunction with HostelBookers, seeking to promote safe and smart solo female travel.
I was featured on an episode of HuffPost Live about Why More Women Are Traveling Solo.
I’ve been featured in stories from the following online outlets:
- Everything You Need to Know About Traveling Solo as a Woman at HuffPost Travel
- Here’s How You Can Actually Travel the World Without Quitting Your Job at Buzzfeed
- How One Travel Blogger Funds Her Adventures at US News & World Report
- Female travel bloggers share their top tips for hitting the road solo at USA Today Travel
- Alumna Travels the World and Blogs About It at Kent State University
- Interview at Flip Nomad
- Interview at Misadventures With Andi
- Interview at NZ Muse
- Podcast interview with The Budget-Minded Traveler
- Interview at Learn to Blog
- Interview at New York Minute Magazine
A Dangerous Business has been featured in the following lists of top blogs:
- Top 50 Travel Blogs (The Expeditioner)
- Follow these 9 savvy female explorers (Bizwomen)
- Top 10 Travel Blogs We Love (She Knows)
- 16 Travel Blogs That Will Make You Want to Pack Your Bags (Brit + Co)
- The Top 12 Most Influential Travel Bloggers (US City Traveler)
- Top 100 Independent Travel Websites (Brendan’s Adventures)
- 36 Travel Blogs to Follow and the Benefits (yTravel Blog)
- The 10 Must-Read Travel Bloggers for 2012 (Home Away)
- Favorite Travel Blogs and Bloggers From 2011 (Ordinary Traveler)
- Top 100 Travel Bloggers (Nomadic Samuel)
- 24 Female Travel Bloggers to Follow (Girls Trip Tips)
- Wanderu’s Best Travel Blogs of 2013
- 10 Travel Blogs You Shouldn’t Take Your Eye Off in 2014 (A Backpacker’s Tale)
- 50 Kick-Ass Female Travel Blogs to Follow in 2014 (Travel Junkette)
- 11 Must-Read Travel Blogs By Women (Room Suggestion)
- Top 100 Travel Tweeters of 2014 (True Nomads)
- Top 25 Solo Female Travel Bloggers to Follow in 2015 (Flip Key)
- Top 50 Travel Blogs to Follow (Trek Effect)
- Follow These 5 Female Travel Bloggers (TravelAge West)
- 17 Travel Bloggers to Follow in 2016 (Hippie in Heels)
- Inspirational Travel Bloggers of 2016 (Compare the Market)
- Top 20 Travel Bloggers of 2016 to Inspire Your Next Vacation (Mogul)
Guest Blogging / Freelance
Check out my guest blog posts / freelance work on other sites:
- Top 10 Tips: Wellington on a Budget at Travel With a Mate
- Best New Zealand Activities for Thrill-Seekers at Travel With a Mate
- Missing New Zealand at Twenty-Something Travel
- When a Travel Blogger is Stuck at Home at Adventurous Kate
- Tips for your first time… in New Zealand at Finding the Universe
- 6 Ways to be a More Adventurous Traveler at Maiden Voyage
- How Rotten Food Lead to Self-Reliance at Spunky Girl Monologues
- Planning For Hawaii on a Budget — Oahu at Go Backpacking
- What to Do in New Zealand at C’est Christine
- 6 Dumb Reasons People Don’t Travel at Gap Year Escape
- 5 Things to Do in Wellington to Make You Feel Like a Local at Live Travel Blog
- Welcome to Arrowtown: A Photo Essay at Average Traveller
- Traveling Solo to Somber Places at Solo Friendly
- Six practical tips for you first time in Wellington at Indie Travel Podcast
- Ultimate Female Travel Packing List for New Zealand (in Winter) at Her Packing List
- Yes, You Can Travel on a Student Budget at Hack College
- Sustainable Tourism: What is It, and Why Should We Care? at LandLopers
- What to Do in Wellington, New Zealand at y Travel Blog
- Awe-struck by the dancing lights at the Frontiers North Adventures blog
- 5 Reasons I’m Not Afraid To Travel Alone As A Woman at Thought Catalog
- Girls’ Getaway to NYC at RueBaRue
- 12 Tips for Scoring the Best Flight Deals at The Dig
- Girls Getaway to London at RueBaRue
- A 10-Day Costa Rica Road Trip at Mangrove Market
- 6 Must-Have Adventures in Belize at Mangrove Market
- Must-Visit US Memorials at AFAR’s Wayfarer
- An Amazon Adventure at the Shiripuno Lodge at Intrepid Travel
- 5 Reasons Travel Bloggers Should be on Snapchat Now at Travel Blog Success
Discover Ohio Blog
I contribute every so often to the Discover Ohio blog.
Find all my Ohio blogs here.
Barclaycard Travel Blog
I contribute once per month to the Barclaycard travel blog. Here are some of my favorite posts:
I freelanced for a while for Roam Right Travel Insurance’s blog.
- Check out my author page to see all of my posts there.
Viator Travel Blog
Here are a few posts/reviews I’ve written for Viator’s blog:
- Roadtripping: Route 66 and the American Southwest
- Urban Safari Adventure in San Francisco
- Finding Magic on “The Making of Harry Potter” Tour in London
I’ve written a handful of posts for the beautifully-designed Travel Mindset website.
- Check out my author page to see all of my posts.
Boots n All
I did some posts for Boots n All’s WhyGo New Zealand site. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Itinerary for 7 Days on the North Island
- Itinerary for 7 Days on the South Island
- Itinerary for 10 Days in New Zealand
- Itinerary for 3 Days in Auckland
- Top 7 Beaches in New Zealand
- What to Eat in NZ: Famous New Zealand Foods
Here’s what I’ve written for Gogo Inflight’s blog:
- 5 Travel Packing Essentials for Women
- How Technology Has Changed My World
- 7 Great Photo Apps for Travelers
Selected Other Mentions
- “5 Things to Love About Ottawa” featured in The Rader (Jan. 9) at National Geographic Intelligent Travel.
- My posts on Ljubljana and Lake Bled featured in 100 Most Romantic Places on Earth at HostelBookers.
- “The Truth About Belize” mentioned in The Radar: Travel Lately (Feb. 27, 2013) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel blog.
- “5 Ways Travel Has Made Me More Adventurous” mentioned in Travel Links of the Week (March 8) at Travel Junkette.
- A post about the pros and cons of traveling as a woman listed in LandLopers Picks of the Week (March 8) at LandLopers.
- A post full of fun facts about Pittsburgh listed in The Radar: Travel Lately (May 15, 2013) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel blog, mentioned in Friday Roundup: May 17, 2013 at Eclectic Travel Girl, and linked on Popcity’s Buzz page.
- “Highlights from a Week in the Old South” mentioned in Travel Bloggers of the Month (June 2013) at Hostelbookers.
- “5 Reasons Solo Travel Sucks” featured in #NGTRadar: Travel Lately (Sept. 4, 2013) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel blog, mentioned in Travel Linksperation: August 2013 at An Opportune Moment, listed in Travel Blog Love: The Best of August 2013 at Besudesu Abroad, and included in Best Reads: August 2013 at Indefinite Adventure.
- A post of mine linked to in 65 Links to Help You Travel Around the World (#6) at BootsnAll.
- My Naxos post featured in #NGTRadar: Travel Lately (Dec. 4, 2013) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel.
- “48 Hours in Denver” featured in This Week in Travel (August 31-Sept. 6) at the Travel Channel blog.
- A post about Middle-Earth-related locations in New Zealand featured in LP pathfinders: top posts from July 2015 at the Lonely Planet blog.
- Lessons I learned from travel featured in The World Is An Open Book — Start Reading! at Ordinary Traveler.
- My travel tips/plans featured in Travel Tips For Travelers From Travelers (Part 2) at Travelocafe.
- My site featured in Read This Blog at Caroline in the City.
- My tips on travel blogging featured in Travel blogging tips from the experts at Finding the Universe.
- A travel tip of mine featured in Travel Stuff Learned From TBEX Bloggers at Journeywoman.
- My site listed in Top 10 Must Read Blogs at Aussie on the Road.
- My New Zealand travel tips: Around the World Interview Visits New Zealand at Ordinary Traveler.
- A travel health tip of mine featured in 32 Travel Health Tips from 32 Travel Bloggers at Sick on the Road.
- My site and bucket list mentioned in Life Lists: Having the Courage to Dream at In Pursuit of Happiness.
- I’m listed in Ten Laugh Out Loud Travel Bloggers: Part Two at The Glove Box Blog.
- A packing tip of mine featured in 60 Travel Packing Tips From the Experts at Travel Fashion Girl.
- Travel lessons of mine mentioned in 11 Lessons from 4 #WeGoSolo Experts at the HostelBookers blog.
- An adventure of mine featured in 28 Epic Adventures by Travel Bloggers in 2013 at Traveling Canucks.
- A travel tip of mine featured in Solo Female Travel Tips at TravelZoo UK.
- My site mentioned in 5 Blogs That Made Us Pack Our Bags and Go at Travel Blog Success.
- A solo travel tip of mine featured in 20 Female Solo Travel Bloggers Share Tips for First-Timers at TripAdvisor’s blog.
- My blog featured in 5 Travel Blogs That Made Us Pack Our Bags and Go at Travel Blog Success.
- An Instagram photo of mine featured in The 14 Most Inspiring Travel Photos This Week at Matador Network.
I’ve had three travel pieces published in the Findlay Courier newspaper: A story about “Lord of the Rings” locations to visit in New Zealand, tips on how to make the most of an Alaskan cruise, and my behind-the-scenes look at Cedar Point’s HalloWeekends.
I have also had a story about Berlin published in Blogosphere Magazine.
And a photo of mine of Osuna, Spain, was published in a special Game of Thrones magazine by Conde Nast in April 2016.