Can’t get enough? Here are some other places around the Internet you can find me.
In 2013, I won the Ottawa Tourism Travel Writing Award for a piece I wrote about staying at the Ottawa Jail Hostel.
I’m an official #WeGoSolo ambassador in conjunction with HostelBookers, seeking to promote safe and smart solo female travel.
A Dangerous Business has been featured in the following lists of top blogs:
- Top 100 Independent Travel Websites (Brendan’s Adventures)
- 10 Hot Travel Blogs to Watch in 2011 (Johnny Vagabond)
- 36 Travel Blogs to Follow and the Benefits (YTravel Blog
- The 10 Must-Read Travel Bloggers for 2012 (Home Away)
- Favorite Travel Blogs and Bloggers From 2011 (Ordinary Traveler)
- Top 100 Travel Bloggers (Nomadic Samuel)
- Top 10 Travel Blogs We Love (She Knows)
- 24 Female Travel Bloggers to Follow (Girls Trip Tips)
- The Top 12 Most Influential Travel Bloggers (US City Traveler)
- Wanderu’s Best Travel Blogs of 2013
- 10 Travel Blogs You Shouldn’t Take Your Eye Off in 2014 (A Backpacker’s Tale)
- 50 Kick-Ass Female Travel Blogs to Follow in 2014 (Travel Junkette)
- 11 Must-Read Travel Blogs By Women (Room Suggestion)
- Top 100 Travel Tweeters of 2014 (True Nomads)
- Top 25 Solo Female Travel Bloggers to Follow in 2015 (Flip Key)
- Top 50 Travel Blogs (The Expeditioner)
- Top 50 Travel Blogs to Follow (Trek Effect)
Check out my guest blog posts on other sites:
- Top 10 Tips: Wellington on a Budget at Travel With a Mate.
- Best New Zealand Activities for Thrill-Seekers at Travel With a Mate.
- Missing New Zealand at Twenty-Something Travel.
- When a Travel Blogger is Stuck at Home at Adventurous Kate.
- Tips for your first time… in New Zealand at Finding the Universe.
- 6 Ways to be a More Adventurous Traveler at Maiden Voyage.
- How Rotten Food Lead to Self-Reliance at Spunky Girl Monologues.
- Planning For Hawaii on a Budget — Oahu at Go Backpacking.
- What to Do in New Zealand at C’est Christine.
- 6 Dumb Reasons People Don’t Travel at Gap Year Escape.
- 5 Things to Do in Wellington to Make You Feel Like a Local at Live Travel Blog.
- Welcome to Arrowtown: A Photo Essay at Average Traveller.
- Traveling Solo to Somber Places at Solo Friendly.
- Six practical tips for you first time in Wellington at Indie Travel Podcast.
- Ultimate Female Travel Packing List for New Zealand (in Winter) at Her Packing List.
- Yes, You Can Travel on a Student Budget at Hack College.
- Sustainable Tourism: What is It, and Why Should We Care? at LandLopers.
- What to Do in Wellington, New Zealand at y Travel Blog.
- Awe-struck by the dancing lights at the Frontiers North Adventures blog.
Would you like me to be a guest blogger on your site? Or would you like to guest blog on mine? Let me know!
I currently freelance for RoamRight Travel Insurance’s blog, writing a few posts per month.
- Check out my author page to see all of my posts there.
Viator Travel Blog
Here are a few posts/reviews I’ve written for Viator’s blog:
- Roadtripping: Route 66 and the American Southwest
- Urban Safari Adventure in San Francisco
- Finding Magic on “The Making of Harry Potter” Tour in London
I’ve written a handful of posts for the beautifully-designed Travel Mindset website.
- Check out my author page to see all of my posts.
Boots n All
I did some posts for Boots n All’s WhyGo New Zealand site. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Itinerary for 7 Days on the North Island
- Itinerary for 7 Days on the South Island
- Itinerary for 10 Days in New Zealand
- Itinerary for 3 Days in Auckland
- Top 7 Beaches in New Zealand
- What to Eat in NZ: Famous New Zealand Foods
Here’s what I’ve written for Gogo Inflight’s blog:
- 5 Travel Packing Essentials for Women
- How Technology Has Changed My World
- 7 Great Photo Apps for Travelers
Selected Other Mentions
- “5 Roads Less Traveled in NZ” featured in Where I Want to go This Week in Travel — August 29, 2010 at Solo Female Traveler and Five great reads on New Zealand at Finding the Universe.
- “Is Anybody Out There? Hang in There, Travel Bloggers” featured in Travel Blog Posts We Enjoyed This Week at y Travel Blog, in Links of the Week at Grounded Traveler, in Biweekly Round-Up of Favorite Blog Posts at Ordinary Traveler, and in Favorite Travel Blog Posts of 2010 From Their Creators at Suzy Guese.
- “5 Places I Want to Visit that Mom and Dad Don’t Know About” featured in the Gen Y Travel Blog Carnival — 7th Edition at Beers and Beans.
- “Travel Guide: Pearl Harbor” featured in Friday Five for 4.15.11 at Kirsten Alana.
- “Christchurch — A ‘Munted’ City” featured in Suzy Stumbles Over Travel: Week of May 30, 2011 at Suzy Guese and Land Lopers Picks of the Week (June 17) at Land Lopers.
- “‘Dark’ Travel as a Way to Pay Tribute” featured in The Triptastic 10: Recommended Reading Right Now at Chicky Bus.
- “New Zealand Smackdown” listed in Friday’s Recommended Reads — September 23rd at Aussie on the Road, and Stumble Bug Sunday (Sept. 25, 2011) at Bitten By the Travel Bug.
- “5 Things to Love About Ottawa” featured in The Rader (Jan. 9) at National Geographic Intelligent Travel.
- “Albania is Weird” featured in Suzy Stumbles Over Travel: Week of October 22, 2012 at Suzy Guese.
- My posts on Ljubljana and Lake Bled featured in 100 Most Romantic Places on Earth at HostelBookers.
- “The Truth About Belize” mentioned in The Radar: Travel Lately (Feb. 27, 2013) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel blog.
- “5 Ways Travel Has Made Me More Adventurous” mentioned in Travel Links of the Week (March 8) at Travel Junkette.
- A post about the pros and cons of traveling as a woman listed in LandLopers Picks of the Week (March 8) at LandLopers.
- A post full of fun facts about Pittsburgh listed in The Radar: Travel Lately (May 15, 2013) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel blog, mentioned in Friday Roundup: May 17, 2013 at Eclectic Travel Girl, and linked on Popcity’s Buzz page.
- “Highlights from a Week in the Old South” mentioned in Travel Bloggers of the Month (June 2013) at Hostelbookers.
- My post about the Royal Birth in London mentioned in LandLopers Picks of the Week (July 26) at LandLopers.
- “Exploring London’s East End” listed in The Radar: Travel Lately (July 31, 2013) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel blog.
- “5 Reasons Solo Travel Sucks” featured in #NGTRadar: Travel Lately (Sept. 4, 2013) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel blog, mentioned in Travel Linksperation: August 2013 at An Opportune Moment, listed in Travel Blog Love: The Best of August 2013 at Besudesu Abroad, and included in Best Reads: August 2013 at Indefinite Adventure.
- My Sound of Music in Salzburg post listed in #NGTRadar: Travel Lately (Oct. 2) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel blog.
- A post of mine linked to in 65 Links to Help You Travel Around the World (#6) at BootsnAll.
- My Naxos post featured in #NGTRadar: Travel Lately (Dec. 4, 2013) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel.
- “48 Hours in Denver” featured in This Week in Travel (August 31-Sept. 6) at the Travel Channel blog.
- A Dangerous Business listed in Travel blogs to keep an eye on in 2011 at The Travelling Editor.
- Lessons I learned from travel featured in The World Is An Open Book — Start Reading! at Ordinary Traveler.
- A Dangerous Business featured in #FollowFriday Five: Travel Blogging Community (Jan. 6) at Traveling Canucks.
- My travel tips/plans featured in Travel Tip For Travelers From Travelers (Part 2) at Travelocafe.
- My site featured in Read This Blog at Caroline in the City.
- A Dangerous Business listed in #FollowFriday 25Mar2011 at One Giant Step.
- My tips on travel blogging featured in Travel blogging tips from the experts at Finding the Universe.
- A travel tip of mine featured in Travel Stuff Learned From TBEX Bloggers at Journeywoman.
- My site listed in Top 10 Must Read Blogs at Aussie on the Road.
- My New Zealand travel tips: Around the World Interview Visits New Zealand at Ordinary Traveler.
- I was interviewed for an article on Yahoo! Finance Canada, titled How One Travel Blogger Funds Her Adventures.
- A travel health tip of mine featured in 32 Travel Health Tips from 32 Travel Bloggers at Sick on the Road.
- My site and bucket list mentioned in Life Lists: Having the Courage to Dream at In Pursuit of Happiness.
- I’m listed in Ten Laugh Out Loud Travel Bloggers: Part Two at The Glove Box Blog.
- A packing tip of mine featured in 60 Travel Packing Tips From the Experts at Travel Fashion Girl.
- Travel lessons of mine mentioned in 11 Lessons from 4 #WeGoSolo Experts at the HostelBookers blog.
- An adventure of mine featured in 28 Epic Adventures by Travel Bloggers in 2013 at Traveling Canucks.
- Wellington photo featured in The Best of New Zealand: From Paradise to Mount Doom at Travelogged.
- Kapiti Island photo featured in Share the Kapiti Love at C’est Christine.
- Lake Hawea photo featured as a Friday Travel Photo at Backpacking Matt.
- Lake Tekapo/Church of the Good Shepherd photos featured as Friday Postcard: Lake Tekapo at Twenty-Something Travel.
- A photo of me in my kick-ass Carmen Sandiego costume featured in Matadorians show us their best Halloween costumes at Matador Life.
- A photo of mine from Arches NP was included in a national parks post at Salon.com.
I’ve had three travel pieces published in the Findlay Courier newspaper: A story about “Lord of the Rings” locations to visit in New Zealand, tips on how to make the most of an Alaskan cruise, and my behind-the-scenes look at Cedar Point’s HalloWeekends.
I have also had a story about Berlin published in Blogosphere Magazine.