Can’t get enough? Here are some other places around the Internet you can find me.
- Top 10 Tips: Wellington on a Budget at Travel With a Mate.
- Best New Zealand Activities for Thrill-Seekers at Travel With a Mate.
- 24 Hours in Juneau, Alaska at One Travel.
- Missing New Zealand at Twenty-Something Travel.
- When a Travel Blogger is Stuck at Home at Adventurous Kate.
- Tips for your first time… in New Zealand at Finding the Universe.
- A Guide to Packing for Travel to New Zealand at Kumuka Blog.
- 6 Ways to be a More Adventurous Traveler at Maiden Voyage.
- Do Good Thursday: Discover ProjectExplorer.org at A Pair of Panties and Boxers.
- How Rotten Food Lead to Self-Reliance at Spunky Girl Monologues.
- Planning For Hawaii on a Budget — Oahu at Go Backpacking.
- What to Do in New Zealand at C’est Christine.
- 6 Dumb Reasons People Don’t Travel at Gap Year Escape.
- 5 Things to Do in Wellington to Make You Feel Like a Local at Live Travel Blog.
- Welcome to Arrowtown: A Photo Essay at Average Traveller.
- Hiking New Zealand’s Queen Charlotte Track at Vaughn Rivett’s blog.
- Traveling Solo to Somber Places at Solo Friendly.
- Six practical tips for you first time in Wellington at Indie Travel Podcast.
- Ultimate Female Travel Packing List for New Zealand (in Winter) at Her Packing List.
- Yes, You Can Travel on a Student Budget at Hack College.
- Sustainable Tourism: What is It, and Why Should We Care? at LandLopers.
- What to Do in Wellington, New Zealand at y Travel Blog.
- Roadtripping: Route 66 and the American Southwest at Viator Travel Blog.
- Urban Safari Adventure in San Francisco at Viator Travel Blog.
- Finding Magic on “The Making of Harry Potter” Tour in London at Viator Travel Blog.
Would you like me to be a guest blogger on your site? Or would you like to guest blog on mine? Let me know!
I’m writing a couple of posts per month over at RoamRight Travel Insurance’s blog:
- 3 Places to Visit in Middle-America
- 3 North American Cruises to Consider
- Monument Valley: The Should-Be National Park
- Visiting the Wright Brothers National Memorial
- A Self-Guided Food Tour of Savannah
- 5 Cool Things in Ohio That You Probably Don’t Know About
- 6 Free Things to Do in Berlin
- 5 Things to Do With a Weekend in Chicago
- 5 Neighborhoods to Visit in San Francisco
- 5 Things to Know Before Traveling to Europe
- 3 U.S. Road Trips to Take Before You Die
- 4 Places to Ski in America
- 4 Great Places to See the Northern Lights Around the World
Check out these posts I wrote for a new travel start-up:
- Attending the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
- Geothermal Oddities in Rotorua
- 3 Great Day Trips From Wellington
- Visiting Antelope Canyon
- All Santa, All the Time in Santa Claus, Indiana
- Pigging Out on Fair Food in the Midwest
- The Grand Canyon’s Best-Kept Secret: The North Rim
- Where to Find the Best Street Art in San Francisco
I was blogging occasionally for TravelGeneration.com. Here are some of the things I wrote over there:
- Top 5 Spots in Wellington, NZ for Nature Lovers
- 5 Free Things to Do in Wellington, NZ, for the History Buff
- Things You Should Know Before Traveling to China for the First Time
- Blog4NZ South Island Adventure — An Overview
- 5 Popular Things to Do in Dublin
- Resilient Christchurch
- 5 Must-See Natural Sites in Northern Arizona
- Three Touristy Spots Still Worth a Visit
- Embracing the Kitsch in Amarillo
- Feel the Magic at Reynishverfi Beach, Iceland
Boots n All
I did some posts for Boots n All’s WhyGo New Zealand site. Here they all are:
- Itinerary for 7 Days on the North Island
- Itinerary for 7 Days on the South Island
- Itinerary for 10 Days in New Zealand
- Itinerary for 3 Days in Auckland
- Top 7 Beaches in New Zealand
- Nude Beaches in New Zealand
- What to Eat in NZ: Famous New Zealand Foods
Here’s what I’ve written for Gogo Inflight’s blog:
- 5 Travel Packing Essentials for Women
- How Technology Has Changed My World
- 7 Great Photo Apps for Travelers
A Dangerous Business has been featured in the following lists of top blogs:
- Top 100 Independent Travel Websites
- 40 Flightsters You Should Know About
- 100 Most Influential Travel Bloggers
- 10 Hot Travel Blogs to Watch in 2011
- 121 Travel Blogs (and Travel Bloggers) Worth Reading
- 36 Travel Blogs to Follow and the Benefits
- Washington Flyer’s Best Travel Blogs of 2011
- The 10 Must-Read Travel Bloggers for 2012
- Favorite Travel Blogs and Bloggers From 2011
- Top 100 Travel Bloggers
- Top 10 Travel Blogs We Love
- 24 Female Travel Bloggers to Follow
- The Top 12 Most Influential Travel Bloggers
- Ireland story featured on Suzy Stumbles Over Travel: Week of June 7, 2010 at Suzy Guese and the 1st edition of The Gen Y Travel Blog Carnival at Maiden Voyage.
- June 8 What in the World mentioned in The Week Overseas — Friday, June 11 at Go! Overseas.
- Alaskan cruise blog posts featured at Plan It Alaska.
- “Making a Case for Cruises” featured in the 2nd edition of The Gen Y Travel Blog Carnival at Maiden Voyage.
- Thursday Traveler interview mentioned in Travel Blogs: Best of the Week (July 18-24, 2010) at Adventurous Kate.
- Zorbing photo essay featured in Travel Blogs: Best of the Week (August 1-7, 2010) at Adventurous Kate.
- “Eat Pray Love” review included in Best Travel Blog Posts for the Week of Aug. 16 at y Travel Blog.
- “5 Roads Less Traveled in NZ” featured in Where I Want to go This Week in Travel — August 29, 2010 at Solo Female Traveler and Five great reads on New Zealand at Finding the Universe.
- “Hakas, rucks and scrums, oh my! Attending a NZ rugby match” featured in The Last Suzy Stumbles Over Travel: Week of Sept. 6, 2010 at Suzy Guese.
- “When a Travel Blogger is Stuck at Home” guest post featured in The Psychology of Travel at Budget Travel Intentions, and inspired Taking Amanda’s Challenge at Travelated. (Pretty excited about that one!)
- “How to Deal with Travel-Wary Parents” featured in This Week in Travel at TraveloCafe.
- “Climbing the Steepest Street in the World” featured in Thursday’s Travel Links at EuroTrip Tips.
- “Is Anybody Out There? Hang in There, Travel Bloggers” featured in Travel Blog Posts We Enjoyed This Week at y Travel Blog, in Links of the Week at Grounded Traveler, in Biweekly Round-Up of Favorite Blog Posts at Ordinary Traveler, and in Favorite Travel Blog Posts of 2010 From Their Creators at Suzy Guese.
- “Why I’m a Weenie When It Comes to Solo Travel” featured in the Gen Y Travel Blog Carnival — 6th Edition at Oh Hey World, and in Suzy Stumbles Over Travel: Week of January 3, 2011 at Suzy Guese.
- “9 Money-Saving Tips For Travelers From Travelers” featured in Travel Community Roundup for Jan. 20 at Budget Your Trip and in Announcing Frugal February at Don’t Ever Look Back.
- “5 Places I Want to Visit that Mom and Dad Don’t Know About” featured in the Gen Y Travel Blog Carnival — 7th Edition at Beers and Beans.
- “Why You Should Get Lost While Traveling” listed in Itchy Feet Friday: 4th March 2011 at Itchy Feet Chronicles.
- Two of my posts featured in Saturday Six #56 at Misadventures With Andi.
- “If I Were a Funny Travel Writer” featured in The Friday Five: March 11, 2011 at Aaron’s Worldwide Adventures.
- “Milford Sound: Eighth Wonder of the World?” mentioned in Let’s Go To New Zealand at Traveler Ahoy.
- “My 5 Favorite Views in New Zealand” featured in Are you ready to Blog4NZ? at Asian Correspondent and Friday Five for 2.25.11 at Kirsten Alana.
- “New Zealand is Calling — Will You Answer?” listed in Blog 4 NZ at Total Travel Bug.
- “The Maori Legend of Lake Wakatipu” listed in LandLopers Picks of the Week (April 2) at LandLopers.
- “Wandering in Chicago — Why You Should Stray From the Path” featured in Weekend Round-Up: Best of the Travel Blogs (and Websites) at Choosy Nomad.
- “Travel Guide: Pearl Harbor” featured in Friday Five for 4.15.11 at Kirsten Alana.
- “Christchurch — A ‘Munted’ City” featured in Suzy Stumbles Over Travel: Week of May 30, 2011 at Suzy Guese and Land Lopers Picks of the Week (June 17) at Land Lopers.
- “Adventure on New Zealand’s Franz Josef Glacier” mentioned in World First Weekly Wander: 13 June 2011 at World First.
- “Traveling in My Backyard: An Ohio Weekend Itinerary” featured in Midwest travel links for June 2011 at Midwest Guest.
- “Doubtful Sound – Milford Sound’s Underrated Little Brother” mentioned in Suzy Stumbles Over Travel: Week of July 18, 2011 at Suzy Guese.
- “Life Is Short. Travel Now.” post featured in Weekend travel reading (July 29, 2011) at Budget Travel Adventures and in Friday’s Recommended Reads — July 28th at Aussie on the Road.
- “A Day in Yellow Springs — Ohio’s Hippie Enclave” listed in Midwest travel links for July 2011 at Midwest Guest.
- My Las Vegas road trip post listed in Friday’s Recommended Reads — August 19th at Aussie on the Road.
- My Colorado road trip post featured in Best of the Rest at Landing Standing.
- “‘Dark’ Travel as a Way to Pay Tribute” featured in The Triptastic 10: Recommended Reading Right Now at Chicky Bus.
- “New Zealand Smackdown” listed in Friday’s Recommended Reads — September 23rd at Aussie on the Road, and Stumble Bug Sunday (Sept. 25, 2011) at Bitten By the Travel Bug.
- My “Fall Photo Tour of Chicago” featured in Suzy Stumbles Over Travel: Week of October 10, 2011 at Suzy Guese.
- “5 Things My 86-Year-Old Grandmother Taught Me About Travel” listed in 101 Ultimate Backpacker Resources at Happy Time Blog.
- “The Scariest Thing I Have Ever Done” featured in October in Review at L’appel du Vide.
- A photo/video essay of mine about Cuba Street in Wellington listed in LandLopers Picks of the Week (Oct. 21) at LandLopers.
- My review of travel photo gear listed in Weekend Travel Reading (Oct. 22) at Budget Travel Adventures.
- My post on impulsive travel featured in Suzy Stumbles Over Travel: Week of October 31, 2011 at Suzy Guese and no travel required (Nov. 2) at The Lazy Travelers.
- A post about the ghosts of Savannah listed in Best of the Rest (Weekly Links Ending 10/30/2011) at Landing Standing.
- My 3 Best Sandwiches post mentioned in National Sandwich Day at Misadventures With Andi.
- “You Can Live a ‘Normal’ Life and Travel, Too” featured in November Links at Quriky Travel Guy.
- My “Traveler vs. Tourist Debate” post included in Picks of the Week (Dec. 16) at LandLopers.
- Vegas tips post mentioned in Recommended Reads – Jan. 7 at Aussie on the Road.
- “5 Things to Love About Ottawa” featured in The Rader (Jan. 9) at National Geographic Intelligent Travel.
- My “Night in Prison” post featured in Suzy Stumbles Over Travel: Week of January 23, 2012 at Suzy Guese.
- “Common Travel Fears” post listed in What’s new ’round the web: week of 03/02/12 at Wanderplex.
- My Queenstown to Christchurch photo essay mentioned in Why We Travel: Colors at All Colores.
- “The Sights of Iceland’s South Shore” featured in LandLopers Picks of the Week (April 13) at LandLopers.
- “The Horses of Iceland” listed in Suzy Stumbles Over Travel: Week of April 16, 2012 at Suzy Guese.
- “Postcards From New Zealand” mentioned in Wanderlust in Words: Travel Writing Picks of The Week (May 8) at The Shooting Star.
- “5 Things to Love About Sighisoara” listed in LandLopers Picks of the Week (July 20) at LandLopers.
- Edinburgh Festival post featured in LandLopers Picks of the Week (August 17) at LandLopers.
- My Bucharest/Sofia post featured in Suzy Stumbles Over Travel: Week of August 27, 2012 at Suzy Guese.
- “And Then Everything Changed” listed in The Holiday Hits: Best of September 2012 at Hayley on Holiday.
- “Albania is Weird” featured in Suzy Stumbles Over Travel: Week of October 22, 2012 at Suzy Guese.
- My 2012 wrap-up post featured in LandLopers Picks of the Week (Dec. 28) at LandLopers.
- A post I wrote about solo female travel was linked in roughly a billion other posts on the topic.
- My posts on Ljubljana and Lake Bled featured in 100 Most Romantic Places on Earth at HostelBookers.
- A post about Iceland’s Golden Circle in winter was mentioned in 70 Fantastic Tips and Stories for Your Ultimate Winter Wonderland Travel Joy at All Colores.
- “The Truth About Belize” mentioned in The Radar: Travel Lately (Feb. 27, 2013) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel blog.
- “5 Ways Travel Has Made Me More Adventurous” mentioned in Travel Links of the Week (March 8) at Travel Junkette.
- A post about the pros and cons of traveling as a woman listed in LandLopers Picks of the Week (March 8) at LandLopers.
- A post full of fun facts about Pittsburgh listed in The Radar: Travel Lately (May 15, 2013) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel blog, mentioned in Friday Roundup: May 17, 2013 at Eclectic Travel Girl, and linked on Popcity’s Buzz page.
- “Highlights from a Week in the Old South” mentioned in Travel Bloggers of the Month (June 2013) at Hostelbookers.
- My post about the Royal Birth in London mentioned in LandLopers Picks of the Week (July 26) at LandLopers.
- “Exploring London’s East End” listed in The Radar: Travel Lately (July 31, 2013) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel blog.
- Going It Alone results post mentioned in Travel Blog Love: The Best of July, 2013 at Besudesu Abroad.
- “London in the Sunshine” featured in Bi-weekly Travel Inspiration #5 at Food and Photos RTW.
- “5 Reasons Solo Travel Sucks” featured in #NGTRadar: Travel Lately (Sept. 4, 2013) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel blog, mentioned in Travel Linksperation: August 2013 at An Opportune Moment, listed in Travel Blog Love: The Best of August 2013 at Besudesu Abroad, and included in Best Reads: August 2013 at Indefinite Adventure.
- “The Sights of Salzburg” featured in LandLopers Picks of the Week (Sept. 28) at LandLopers.
- My Sound of Music in Salzburg post listed in #NGTRadar: Travel Lately (Oct. 2) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel blog.
- A post of mine linked to in 65 Links to Help You Travel Around the World (#6) at BootsnAll.
- My Naxos post featured in #NGTRadar: Travel Lately (Dec. 4, 2013) at National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel
- My 2013 holiday gift guide mentioned in Buy a gift for a traveler: 10 gift guides at Wonderful Wanderings
- A Dangerous Business listed in Travel blogs to keep an eye on in 2011 at The Travelling Editor.
- Interview with me listed in Friday Five for 12.17.10 at Kirsten Alana.
- Lessons I learned from travel featured in The World Is An Open Book — Start Reading! at Ordinary Traveler.
- A Dangerous Business featured in #FollowFriday Five: Travel Blogging Community (Jan. 6) at Traveling Canucks.
- My site listed as one of 10 Hot Travel Blogs to Watch in 2011 at Johnny Vagabond.
- My travel tips/plans featured in Travel Tip For Travelers From Travelers (Part 2) at Travelocafe.
- My site featured in Read This Blog at Caroline in the City.
- A Dangerous Business listed in #FollowFriday 25Mar2011 at One Giant Step.
- My tips on travel blogging featured in Travel blogging tips from the experts at Finding the Universe.
- My site and some of my posts from my Blog4NZ trip featured in Bits and Pieces at Travel Designed.
- A travel tip of mine featured in Travel Stuff Learned From TBEX Bloggers at Journeywoman.
- A Dangerous Business listed in 36 Travel Blogs to Follow and the Benefits at y Travel Blog.
- My site listed in Top 10 Must Read Blogs at Aussie on the Road.
- My New Zealand travel tips: Around the World Interview Visits New Zealand at Ordinary Traveler.
- I was interviewed for an article on Yahoo! Finance Canada, titled How One Travel Blogger Funds Her Adventures.
- A travel health tip of mine featured in 32 Travel Health Tips from 32 Travel Bloggers at Sick on the Road.
- My site and bucket list mentioned in Life Lists: Having the Courage to Dream at In Pursuit of Happiness.
- I’m listed in Ten Laugh Out Loud Travel Bloggers: Part Two at The Glove Box Blog.
- ADB is listed in Armchair travel: Top 10 travel blogs we love at She Knows Travel.
- A packing tip of mine featured in 60 Travel Packing Tips From the Experts at Travel Fashion Girl.
- Cottesloe Beach photo featured in Amazing Australia: 10 Great Images at Why Go Australia, and Sydney Harbor photo featured in Amazing Australia: 10 MORE Great Images at the same site.
- Milford Sound photo featured at Art of Backpacking.
- Wellington photo featured in The Best of New Zealand: From Paradise to Mount Doom at Travelogged.
- Nugget Point photo featured at Art of Backpacking.
- Circular Quay photo featured in Best of Australia by Travelers Around the World at Vagabond Quest.
- Kapiti Island photo featured in Share the Kapiti Love at C’est Christine.
- Lake Hawea photo featured as a Friday Travel Photo at Backpacking Matt.
- Lake Tekapo/Church of the Good Shepherd photos featured as Friday Postcard: Lake Tekapo at Twenty-Something Travel.
- A photo of me in my kick-ass Carmen Sandiego costume featured in Matadorians show us their best Halloween costumes at Matador Life.
- A photo of mine from Arches NP was included in a national parks post at Salon.com.
- Pike Place Market video featured in Pike Place Market Busker at Street Player Central.
I’ve had three travel pieces published in the Findlay Courier newspaper: A story about “Lord of the Rings” locations to visit in New Zealand, tips on how to make the most of an Alaskan cruise, and my behind-the-scenes look at Cedar Point’s HalloWeekends. I have also had a story about Berlin published in Blogosphere Magazine.
In 2013, I won the Ottawa Tourism Travel Writing Award for a piece I wrote about staying at the Ottawa Jail Hostel.