It’s been nearly a year since my last trip to the Land of the Long White Cloud. And yet there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t sit and wistfully think about New Zealand. It’s definitely the destination that has stolen my heart, and if it was easier to find cheap flights to Aotearoa, I would be back there tomorrow. But, since that’s not possible, I decided to go back in a different way — through photos.

Enjoy some of my favorite New Zealand photos, presented to you in postcard form!

Cape Maria van Diemen

Queenstown

Arrowtown

The Catlins

Doubtful Sound

Dunedin

Nugget Point

So who’s ready to book their flights to New Zealand? I know I am.

Which of my New Zealand postcards would you send home to your family and friends?

PlanIt NZ

*This post was sponsored by STA Travel.

Tagged with →

51 Responses to Postcards from New Zealand

1. Jeremy says:

AWESOME photos, Amanda!!! I can’t wait to go back. Just two weeks and counting :-)
    Jeremy recently posted..My 7 Super Shots: The New Zealand Edition

Thanks, Jeremy!! I can’t wait to go back, either! Though I’ll sadly have to wait longer than two weeks. :(

2. So so pretty, the NZ postcard-style photos, Amanda! Thanks for the beautiful post!
    fotoeins | Henry recently posted..Berlin, 2005-2009

3. Christy says:

Wow… these are stunning! I would definitely buy a few of these postcards if I saw them in a store.
    Christy recently posted..Travel Shot: Stars Run Circles Around the Sky

You are too kind, Christy! I’ve wanted to share all of my favorite NZ photos at once for a while now, but couldn’t figure out a good way to do it until I came up with this idea (which I totally stole from Dalene and Pete over at Hecktic Travels, by the way!).

4. That’s a lovely set of pictures that really does the country justice. I like the postcard format too for this post.
    David – GeoPosted recently posted..GeoPosted Gazette VI: Hostels and Cruises

5. Sooo pretty! I must set foot in New Zealand once in my life – definitely added to my bucket list.
    A Montrealer Abroad recently posted..Postcards from the magical sunsets of Brighton

6. Laurence says:

Seriously brilliant photos – love the postcard presentation. Now I’m all New Zealand wistful!
    Laurence recently posted..In Photos: Gaudi’s Barcelona

I’m NZ wistful every day! Lol. But thanks! Glad you liked the photos. Not nearly as brilliant as some of yours, though, of course. ;)

7. Sophie says:

Gorgeous photos! I miss Aotearoa and would send all the postcards above.
    Sophie recently posted..A Taste of Italy: pizza in Rome

8. Vi says:

Amanda, you should print these post cards :) I like to send postcards during my trips, but usually it is so hard to find nice post cards and your are perfect :)
    Vi recently posted..Travel Photo Monday. Happy Easter

9. These are absolutely beautiful!! Completely breathtaking. I hope I can make it out that way. I’m really looking forward to your upcoming travels..San Fran in particular because I’m trying to move out there a year from now:)

Thanks Lindsey! If you have the chance to make it out to NZ, definitely do it! It’s amazing. Way better than these photos, even.

10. Juliann says:

What a clever idea! These pictures are definitely postcard-worthy. I think my favorite is Doubtful Sound. Beautiful!
    Juliann recently posted..Traveling With Pomegranates

11. WOW these are the best pictures you’ve EVER taken! STUNNING!!!!!!!!
    Andi of My Beautiful Adventures recently posted..Andi’s Pick: La Suite Rio

12. John says:

Brilliant idea! Your photos are much better than most of the ones on actual postcards – I always wonder why they can’t get better photos.
    John recently posted..Visiting Phoenix, Arizona: The Local’s Take With Jon of ‘Tantric Traveler’

I often wonder that too, John. Some of the photos on postcards are actually horrible! I’m glad you think mine are better. :)

13. Wow! I have always wanted to visit New Zealand. Your pictures only serve to reinforce that desire. What beautiful images. I can see why it won your heart.
    Debbie
    Debbie Howard recently posted..The Best Pizza in Texas

14. Leigh says:

Very impressive set of photos that bring back a lot of great memories.
    Leigh recently posted..Nature Up Close in Okefenokee Swamp

15. Beverley says:

WOW. These photos are amazing! We’ve just had our NZ working holiday visas confirmed and booked flights to Auckland for June – cannot WAIT!!! Thank you for making me even more excited about NZ now!
    Beverley recently posted..Friday Photo Essay | The Past Two Months….As Seen By Instagram

16. Rachel says:

It’s been almost 4 years since I studied abroad in New Zealand! I miss it. I need to plan a trip to go back. Great pictures! Nugget Point was pretty much the prettiest place I went, in my opinion.
    Rachel recently posted..Travel Photo: Abel Tasman National Park, New Zealand

I’ve been to NZ 3 times in the past 7 years (including a semester abroad in Wellington), and I still can’t get enough!

Nugget Point was pretty amazing. The colors are just unreal!

17. Izy Berry says:

Wow! I love your pictures. NZ is my home country and I’m always so proud when someone posts something about it. It’s really the best = )

That’s awesome, Izy! It’s always great to come across people who are really proud of their homes. NZ is definitely a home to be proud of! It’s amazing.

18. Beautiful shots, Amanda! These postcards really make us want to visit New Zealand. You should become an official ambassador for NZ Tourism – we will definitely use all your NZ posts when we go!
    Dani | Globetrottergirls recently posted..Happy Anniversary! Today we celebrate two years on the road

Haha that would be my DREAM to work for Tourism New Zealand! Perhaps I should start sending them all my posts. Lol. I hope you guys make it there soon! I would love to see your take on it.

19. [...] Amanda (A Dangerous Business) sends postcards from New Zealand. [...]

20. Rebecca says:

So beautiful! Always a sucker for picture posts and you can never go wrong with New Zealand:-). My apartment is covered in my pictures and like you, not a day goes by when I don’t think about New Zealand.
    Seriously, if you don’t utilize the working holiday visa for New Zealand before your 30, I am just going to keel over in shock. Please tell me it is in your life plan somewhere!!!
    Rebecca recently posted..Random Weekend: Book: Lost in Rooville

Hahaha it is definitely in my 5-year plan (I only have 5 years left!). I’d really like to go as soon as I graduate next year, but I may have to find a job for a year or two to save up first… but I definitely want to do it!

21. Andrea says:

Amazing photos! You should definitely try to sell these to a postcard company! :)
    Andrea recently posted..Amusement Abounds! – Lotte World Seoul

22. Shivya says:

Wow, such awesome pictures that I immediately want to pack my bags & head to New Zealand. Couldn’t help but share this article with all my blog’s readers. It’s featured on my weekly travel reads section as a destination for the bucket list – http://the-shooting-star.com/2012/05/08/travel-writing-picks-blogosphere-1/
    Shivya recently posted..Wanderlust in Words: Travel Writing Picks of The Week.

23. Pete says:

Absolutely beautiful job Amanda. My favorites are the sunset in the postcard below Kapiti Island and the one beneath the Franz Joseph Glacier.

24. [...] Not Know About New Zealand By DangerousBiz On May 30, 2011 · 47 Comments I’ve been to New Zealand three times now, and yet I’m still constantly learning new things about it. Even though the [...]

25. oh wow wow wow. it so magical for me to see the land of my heart here. and so delightful for me to be like yeah, i know that place. Aotearoa is a country of amazingness. i feel so lucky to call it home.
    esse