9973 Darrow Park Dr., Apt 106C
Twinsburg, OH 44087
- Experience with various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, and Snapchat.
- Knowledge of using social media automation tools to ensure consistent posting, including Buffer, Hootsuite, and Edgar.
- Firm understanding of using WordPress to build and run a blog.
- Experience writing, editing and designing for publications and marketing material, as well as for blogs and social media.
- Firm technical command of the English language, spelling, and grammar.
- Strong communication and organizational skills; used to working on deadlines.
- Comfortable working as part of team, or as an individual.
SOCIAL MEDIA EXPERIENCE
A Dangerous Business, February 2010-present
- Run a popular travel blog online that includes stories, photos, and videos from my travels all over the world.
- Handle all the social media for said blog, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.
- Built social followings to more than 10,000 on three major networks.
- Have helped host and coordinate Twitter chats in the past.
Edgar, May 2014-November 2015
Customer Outreach Specialist
- Worked as part of both the customer service and marketing teams for a social media SaaS startup.
- Helped monitor/build social media profiles (especially Twitter), participated in Twitter chats, and ran Edgar HQ Facebook group.
- Created and presented educational webinars on a range of social media-related topics (such as creating Facebook content, getting more followers, finding the best times to post, etc.).
WEB MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
GoSeeWrite.com, December 2013-October 2015
- Coordinated with contributing authors to set up the site's posting schedule.
- Formated and published guest posts submitted by writers.
- Was in charge of internal linking, backlinks, etc.
WEB WRITING EXPERIENCE
RoamRight, June 2013-December 2015
- Contributed 2-3 posts per month to the RoamRight Travel Insurance blog.
Various websites, January 2012-present
Freelance Travel Writer
- Have contributed to sites such as BootsNAll, Viator, the GoGo Blog, Wimdu.com, Hack College, and Travel Mindset, as well as to other travel blogs.
- My work has been featured and acknowledged by travel outlets such as Lonely Planet, the Travel Channel, and National Geographic's Intelligent Travel blog.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
The Courier (Findlay, Ohio), November 2009-August 2011
- Designed inside and front pages for this local newspaper, pulled and edited wire and local stories, edited video footage, and even wrote stories and put together special sections when necessary.
Ohio Northern Office of Communications and Marketing (Ada, Ohio), December 2008-February 2009
- Assisted with editing Ohio Northern University publications and online content.
- Was in charge of the “Student News” section of the ONU website.
Ottawa Tourism Travel Writing Award
- Won with a blog post I wrote about my experience sleeping in an old jail that has been converted into a hostel.
Kent State University
Master of Science
Graduation: August, 2013
Major: Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Master's thesis was a project to create a webinar/workshop on social media best practices in the travel industry.
Ohio Northern University
Bachelor of Arts
Graduation: March, 2009
Wellington, New Zealand
Study abroad, July-November, 2008