3230 Lynn Road
Canfield, OH 44406
- Experience writing, editing and designing for the Web, as well as for publications and marketing material.
- Firm technical command of the English language, spelling, and grammar.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Used to working on strict deadlines with little to no supervision.
- Proficient in WordPress, Microsoft Office, and Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Comfortable working as part of team, or as an individual.
ONLINE TRAVEL WRITING EXPERIENCE
RoamRight, June 2013-present
- Contribute 2-3 travel-related posts per month to the RoamRight Travel Insurance blog.
Various websites, January 2012-present
Freelance Travel Writer
- Have contributed to sites such as BootsNAll, Viator, the GoGo Blog, Wimdu.com, Hack College, and Travel Mindset, as well as to other travel blogs.
- My work has been acknowledged by travel outlets such as Lonely Planet and National Geographic's Intelligent Travel blog.
A Dangerous Business, February 2010-present
- Run a popular travel blog online that includes stories, photos, and videos from my travels all over the world.
- Handle all the writing, editing, and social media for said blog.
WEB MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
GoSeeWrite.com, December 2013-present
- Coordinate with contributing authors to set up the site's posting schedule.
- Format and publish guest posts submitted by writers.
- Am in charge of internal linking, backlinks, etc.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
The Courier (Findlay, Ohio), November 2009-August 2011
- Designed inside and front pages for this local newspaper, pulled and edited wire and local stories, edited video footage, and even wrote stories and put together special sections when necessary.
Ohio Northern Office of Communications and Marketing (Ada, Ohio), December 2008-February 2009
- Assisted with editing Ohio Northern University publications and online content.
- Was in charge of the “Student News” section of the ONU website.
Ottawa Tourism Travel Writing Award
- Won with a blog post I wrote about my experience sleeping in an old jail that has been converted into a hostel.
Kent State University
Master of Science
Graduation: August, 2013
Major: Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Master's thesis was a project to create a webinar/workshop on social media best practices in the travel industry.
Ohio Northern University
Bachelor of Arts
Graduation: March, 2009
Wellington, New Zealand
Study abroad, July-November, 2008