First of all, if this is your first visit to A Dangerous Business, WELCOME!
At ADB, you can find both practical travel advice (tips, tricks, guides, reviews) and personal travel stories, interspersed with travel photos, videos, interviews, and much more.
Yes, this site is all travel, all the time.
If you’re not sure where to start, though, you’ve landed on the right page. Below are some quick links to some of my most useful and popular posts, as well as links to sections of the site you may find most interesting.
Here are the posts that best represent my travel philosophy and the way in which I travel:
- Life Is Short. Travel Now.
- You Can Live a “Normal” Life and Travel, Too
- Why Traveling as a Female Rocks (and Why it Sucks)
- Don’t Be a Scaredy Cat — Just Travel
- The Traveler vs. Tourist Debate and Why I Don’t Give a Crap
- Travel Now — It Might Not Be There Tomorrow
- Why Guided Tours are Not the Devil
- What is Travel, and Why do We do it?
- The Pros and Cons of Travel
- Why You Should Get Lost While Traveling
Travel + My Life
Here are some posts about the ways travel has influenced and affected my life:
- 26 Things Travel Has Taught Me
- 5 Ways Travel Has Made Me More Adventurous
- Where It All Began: It’s Carmen Sandiego’s Fault
- And Then Everything Changed
- 5 Things My 86-Year-Old Grandmother Taught Me About Travel
- How Travel Has Changed Me
- My Concept of “Home” and How Travel Has Shaped It
If you’re curious about where I’ve been, head over to the Destinations page.
Alternatively, check out posts from some of the most popular sections of the site: