Each Saturday from now on, I’ll be sharing a photo with you from my travels around the world.

This week, the photo comes from Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic.

The small town of Cesky Krumlov, located along the banks of the twisting Vltava River in the Czech Republic’s South Bohemia region, has won as spot as one of my favorite places in Europe. This photo captures all my favorite things about the town: the colorful castle on top of the hill, the characteristic orange roofs, the restaurant terraces that are bursting in the summer months, and the lazy Vltava River, which offers up a fun afternoon of rafting. If you are headed to the Czech Republic anytime soon, don’t skip this place!

Cesky Krumlov

If you like this photo, please share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, or G+!

20 Responses to Photo of the Week: Cesky Krumlov Riverside

1. Looks amazing. Can’t wait to visit in July. Hopefully I can replicate a photo like yours!
    Carolyn @ Holidays to Europe recently posted..Review: Holiday Inn Munich City Centre

2. I love the colours of the castle. I’ll make sure to check this destination if I am in the Czech Republic!
    Stefania – the Italian Backpacker recently posted..Museums in Paris aren’t just museums

I highly recommend it! It’s one of those little places that most people haven’t heard of, but that everyone who’s been there raves about.

3. Sam says:

Gorgeous! I love this place; so looking forward to visiting again this spring/summer.
    Sam recently posted..Vegetarian Cuenca: Best Eats

4. Julie says:

This particular image definitely reminds me of Brugge! I love the Czech names, especially how the pronunciation of them looks nothing like they how they are spelled.
    Julie recently posted..Bui-Doi, the children of Haiti

5. Megan says:

I adored Cesky Krumlov when I visited! Even with an influx of inebriated Aussie backpackers (ok, they were pretty fun) it still felt small, adorable, and filled with charm.
    Megan recently posted..Don’t Listen to TLC: Chase Waterfalls in Iceland

It was pretty crowded when I was there, too, but it didn’t really bother me too much. The town was so pretty that I could overlook all the tourists. After all, I was one of them!

6. Hogga says:

such vivid colours

7. Looks and sounds like a beautiful place. I have been to and loved Prague so will definitely have to add Cesky Krumlov to my list.

8. Marsha says:

Mmm that looks great. I’ll be in Prague in February and was thinking of popping over to Cesky Krumlov. I’m pretty sure I should! Great picture!
    Marsha recently posted..Visiting Ancient Greece – Delphi

9. Gorgeous photo, as always. Thanks for sharing, Amanda.

Happy travels :)
    Lauren Meshkin recently posted..The Savannah Taste Experience – Eating my way through the Hostess City!

10. liz says:

Oh my, i will be on Cesky this April and your photo definitely tempts me more to be on April as soon as possible.
    Gorgeous!