Each Saturday from now on, I’ll be sharing a photo with you from my travels around the world.

This week, the photo comes from Caye Caulker, Belize.

Caye Caulker is a small island off the northeast coast of Belize. With a distinct Caribbean feel — including that laid-back, Rasta attitude — Caye Caulker is the perfect place to go if you’re just looking to relax. The island has amazingly clear (and warm!) water, no cars, and plenty of places to just soak up the sun and nurse a few Belikin beers. The humidity in Belize killed my good camera, but I was still able to capture this shot of the island on my iPhone. I’m already dreaming of my next trip.

Caye Caulker, Belize

If you like this photo, please share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, or G+!

*Note: I visited Caye Caulker as part of a complimentary “Land of Belize” trip with Intrepid Travel. As always, though, all opinions are my own.

Tagged with →

15 Responses to Photo of the Week: Caye Caulker

1. Aryn says:

Beautiful picture! I love all the colorful houses. You really don’t hear too much about Belize ever. It seems nice :]

Aryn
    Driftwood and Daydreams
    Aryn recently posted..Weekly Wonder: A Cultural Exchange

2. Arti says:

Stunning shot! Especially the color of the water is such a pleasing light green. Love it.
    Arti recently posted..Kofukuji temple in Nara, Japan

Thanks, Arti! The water is actually usually much bluer and much clearer. But it had been windy and raining a lot right before we got there, hence the slightly murkier water. Still gorgeous though!

3. Steve Whitty says:

Spectacular photo, shows what can be done with a iPhone camera. Did the humidity stop your camera operating?
    Steve Whitty recently posted..UK + Snow = No Go

I don’t give my iPhone enough credit sometimes – it certainly was a lifesaver in Belize since I had forgotten to take my back-up point-and-shoot!

And yes, the humidity killed my camera. :(

4. Abhi says:

Ooooh! Looks so laid-back and chilled out! :)
    Abhi recently posted..Photo of the week: Roaming on bikes in Pondicherry

5. You did a great job of capturing the spirit of Caye Caulker with just this one shot!! I love Caye Caulker-one of my favorite spots!!

6. [...] had a hard time choosing the top photo. Since I love sunsets I really wanted to go with Amanda’s Caye Caulker shot but the colonial style beach home in Placencia stole my heart. I have a [...]