Each Saturday from now on, I’ll be sharing a photo with you from my travels around the world.

This week, the photo comes from Slovenia.

I spent about a week traveling through Slovenia this summer, and by far one of the highlights was the Emerald River Adventure day trip I took from Bled. This trip had us whitewater rafting on the Soca River, swimming in waterfalls, and hiking in Triglav National Park. Triglav is the only national park in Slovenia, and includes portions of the stunning Julian Alps. This photo was snapped as we hiked to the Mouth of the Soca — you simply can’t beat views like this.

Triglav

If you like this photo, please share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, or G+!

Tagged with →

10 Responses to Photo of the Week: Triglav National Park

1. Ryan Brown says:

Stunning view, bled is def. a top destination for me, but I haven’t seen photos of this valley!
    Ryan Brown recently posted..Apocalypse FAIL! How to Live like it was the End.

There are views like this all over Slovenia – it’s a seriously beautiful country. It might even give New Zealand a run for it’s money!

2. Jaime says:

Wow this is an amazing view. I love all the photos you put up. They are always so great & stunning.
    Jaime recently posted..Observations of Singapore: Is it a utopia or police state?

3. Jessica says:

All of your posts and photos about Eastern Europe are totally changing my perspective on this area. It seems so diverse and beautiful – it wasn’t a place that I was making a priority to visit, but that is quickly changing! This photo is incredible.
    Jessica recently posted..Sunday Snapshot: Koh Chang

That’s so great to hear, Jessica. I’m really glad I spent some time exploring Eastern Europe before I saw more of Western Europe – one of the best travel decisions I’ve made lately!

4. Candice says:

Amaaaaaazeballs. To the extreme.

5. Wez says:

Amazing photo Amanda. Still inspires me to travel there soon, a photo trip would be nice ;)
    Wez recently posted..There is so much to do in Melbourne!