Each Saturday from now on, I’ll be sharing a photo with you from my travels around the world.

This week, the photo comes from Edinburgh, Scotland.

I decided to bring you a photo from Edinburgh this week because it’s where I currently am! I’m in Scotland’s capital for #Blogmanay, a blog-tastic take on the city’s annual Hogmanay celebrations to ring in the New Year. Edinburgh is a truly gorgeous city, and this street (Victoria St. which curves down into the Grassmarket) is one of my favorites. I love the old stone buildings that are characteristic of Edinburgh, along with the pops of color from the shops below.

Edinburgh, Scotland

If you like this photo, please share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, or G+!

Tagged with →

34 Responses to Photo of the Week: Edinburgh

1. Love this photo! I can’t wait to visit scotland but where’s all the snow?
    Ian of Borderless Travels recently posted..Japanese martial arts: Training in Shorinji Kempo

2. Aahh I love that old-world look and feel to a city. I know you’ll have tons of fun in Edinburgh for the New Year’s eve event!
    Antoinette | love.antoinette recently posted..My 12 Days of Christmas

3. So gorgeous! Really hope I get a chance to visit Edinburgh in 2013.
    Have an amazing New Year’s Eve! I’m looking forward to hearing all about it!
    Julika of Sateless Suitcase recently posted..The 2012 Review: Photos, Numbers and Lessons

4. Steve Whitty says:

Great Photo. Have a good Hogmanay celebration.
    Steve Whitty recently posted..Photo of the Week – The Blue Church

5. Sofie says:

Love the photo! Especially the contrast between the colorful houses at street level and the brown of the other buildings. You get the feeling they’re trying to revive the place.

6. Liz says:

Love this pic! Edinburgh is one of my favorite cities. The people are so nice and it’s so beautiful. Glad you’re enjoying it!
    Liz recently posted..Minnesota Winter is Here

Edinburgh is such a great city! The best part is that I think it looks amazing no matter what the weather is like.

7. I really really really really.. really want to visit Edinburgh. Really..
    Kieu ~ GQ trippin recently posted..2012: The Best Year of Our Lives

8. Out of all of the places I’ve visited in the world, Edinburgh Scotland is my absolute favorite. Gorgeous pic! You’ve captured it’s legend, it’s grit and its charm all at once!

9. Gorgeous shot! I love our the bright colors pop against the gray Scottish skies.
    A Montrealer Abroad recently posted..12 photos – 2012 in Montreal

10. Ayngelina says:

I only hear fantastic things about Edinburgh, I will get there someday.
    Ayngelina recently posted..How I will remember 2012

11. Szandra says:

Nice shot! I really like those typical english facades of the gothic revival! Beautiful streets from the ancient ages;)
    Szandra recently posted..Fogászati implantáció: fogpótlás a 21. században

It’s SUCH a photogenic city!

• Chris says:

You shouldn’t be saying English with regard to Scotland! They don’t like it here. Scotland is Scottish and very proud of it. Not fond of the English, I’m afraid. Edinburgh is a lovely city, as is Glasgow which has thE friendliest people in all of the U.K.

12. Gary Langrick says:

Going to Edinburgh this saturday.

Staying 2 nights in an hostel then going on a trip with Haggis Tours (who I think I remember you have been with).

Really looking forward to it. First time living from a rucksack and staying in hostels. If I like it I may travel a bit more. I am a bit older then your normal traveler so fingers crossed I will get on with them all.

13. Lauren says:

Great photo, I love the colors!
    Lauren recently posted..Great Weekend in Chicago: Two Nights in Old Town

14. Ryan says:

Love it Amanda, Edinburgh has always been a city I wanted to visit and seeing all the Blogmanay photos have completely amped it up!
    Ryan recently posted..Your New Year Resolutions are Rubbish – How to Take on 2013.

15. Daniya says:

Beautiful capture. At first I thought this was a mashup of images.
    Daniya recently posted..The DC Rollergirls: DemonCats, Bombshells, and Girl-Power Fun