About a month ago, I asked for your help in choosing my European adventure — my Eastern European adventure, to be exact. I’m going to be spending 5-6 weeks in Europe next summer, and I hope to spend 3-4 of those weeks traveling around countries like Austria, Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria (Austria added mostly based on your votes!). I may even throw in a stop or two in the Balkans, depending on my finances.

But, what about those other 2 weeks? What about the time that I’m going to spend in the UK?

I’ve barely even begun to think seriously about this trip. Things like school and other obligations have forced me to push my EuroTrip to the bottom of my “to-do” list. But I realize that (somehow) it’s already the end of November! Meaning that my European adventure will be starting in roughly 8 months. And, for a planner like me, that’s soon! The time is just flying.

So, since I’ve already started thinking about the Eastern Europe part of my trip (though I’m still very much open to suggestions!), I figured it was time to also start considering the UK leg.

My final destination on this trip will be Glasgow, Scotland, for the World Pipe Band Championships the second weekend in August. But, before that (and in between my time in Eastern Europe), I want to embrace the opportunity to see a bit more of the United Kingdom.

Here are some things I know I definitely want to do while in the UK:

Spend at least 4 or 5 days in London. I’ve never been to England before, so I know London is a must. And, since I’ll be arriving in early August, that means that the Olympics will be going on! For most people, this would be a prime reason to avoid London like the plague. But I’m not most people. I’m actually looking forward to the energy and the excitement that the Olympics are bound to bring to the city. And, seeing as how I’ve already had an offer or two for a free place to stay while I’m there, I’m not worried about exorbitant accommodation prices. I want to be a total tourist in London and see all the “big sites.” … Though I’m not sure I even know what they all are! Who has some London tips for me?

Palace of Westminster - London, England

Photo by Trodel, on Flickr

Geek out at Leavesden Studios. Okay, so it’s officially called the “Warner Bros. Studio Tour London,” but it’s essentially what Leavesden Studios has been converted into. Much of the “Harry Potter” films were made at this location, and they have since converted the large studio into a geek-tastic Harry Potter experience, complete with lots of the actual sets that appeared in the movies. At least one of my days in London will be devoted to this, and you’re also likely to find me posing like a goof at King’s Cross Station at least once, too.

Visit Stonehenge. I know it’s very touristy. But I cannot in good conscience plan a trip to England and not include a day trip to Bath and Stonehenge. I want to finally see it for myself!

Stonehenge

Photo by Lawrie Cate, on Flickr

Channel my mother in Liverpool. Since I’ll be heading up north to Scotland anyway, I may as well stop in Liverpool and go on a Beatles-related tour for my mom’s sake. She’s the ultimate Beatles fan, and has raised me accordingly. I know she at least will definitely want to read anything I write about this city!

Other options in England include:

• A stop in the Cotswolds, which is supposed to be a ridiculously rustic and charming area.
  • A stop in the Lake District, which I’m told looks a lot like New Zealand.
  • A stop in Chester, if Adventurous Kate is still around.

Walk the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. I don’t know much about the Scottish capital, but I do know that I want to to stroll down its main drag and take in both the kitsch and the architecture this city is so well known for. I assume I also may be brave enough to try some haggis here on my way to the castle.

The Royal Mile

Photo by maxcosworth, on Flickr

Go hunting for Nessie.Would a trip to Scotland be complete without a trip to Loch Ness? No, no it would not. I also want to see some of the Scottish Highlands.

Get my fill of bagpipe music in Glasgow. I’ll be ending my trip in Glasgow, where I’ll watch my friend Max and his pipe band perform in the World Pipe Band Championships. I have no idea what to expect from this event, but I imagine there will be lots of plaid and lots of kilts. Perfect.

Since I will only have two weeks in the UK, I’m not sure I’ll be able to fit Wales in, unfortunately. I also am not sure what the best way will be to go about seeing all of the things I want to see.

I think I’m going to do England mostly on my own, but I’m leaning towards a tour of some sort in Scotland. Haggis Tours (a wonderful sounding company that includes a focus on sustainability in their mission) has a 5-day tour from Edinburgh that includes the Highlands, Loch Ness, and a bunch of other awesome-sounding stuff. It may be worth it to go that route for a few days, and then focus on Edinburgh and Glasgow on my own. Two weeks really isn’t very long at all, so I want to make the most of that short time.

So here’s where you come in!

What sort of tips do you have for me? What am I leaving out? What should I leave off my itinerary?

Feel free to leave me tips on everything, from how to get around the Cotswolds, to the best Beatles tours in Liverpool, to great hotels in Edinburgh. I want all of your suggestions!

And hopefully your tips can help me get on track with thinking more seriously about this adventure.

Tagged with →

55 Responses to Help me plan the UK Leg of my European Adventure!

1. Curt says:

This isn’t a concrete tip, but try to visit at least one pub way off the beaten path. You’ll know you’re there when someone hears your accent and asks, “Are you lost?”
    Curt recently posted..Richmond, Virginia: Bottoms Up Pizza

2. Kieron says:

My biggest advice – don’t rush the UK! First impressions are that you’re trying to cram way too much into those 2 weeks and I speak from our recent experiences.

We spent just under 2 weeks there and did 8 nights in London, 1 in Manchester and a 4 night Scotland road trip. Here are my suggestions:

* It’s probably the perfect time to visit London as a tourist, apparently all of the touristy places will be quiet at that time because of the Olympics! Make the most of that accommodation on offer and definitely stay at least 5 nights! Use this as your base for a Stonehenge tour.

* You’ll want at least 5 nights for your time in Scotland. Edinburgh is a brilliant city and needs 2-3 days to explore properly. Take a Sandeman’s New Europe free walking tour on your first day there. Nessie was cool and if you have time, definitely head over to the Isle of Skye which would be absolutely stunning in the summer!

Feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions!
    Kieron recently posted..A Packing Guide For Iceland

Yeah, I realize I’m trying to cram a lot in. And I’m aware I’ll probably have to cut quite a few things out! Either that or add a few extra days to my UK leg. I guess it will all depend on what I decide to do in Eastern Europe. On the one hand, I don’t mind traveling somewhat quickly since I’ll have plenty of time to decompress after I get home. But, on the other hand, I don’t really want to be spending only 1 night anywhere on this trip.

Good point about London’s touristy spots being quiet during the Games! I hadn’t even thought of that. And yes, I do plan to use that as my base for a day trip to Stonehenge.

I’ll probably end up spending at least 8 or 9 days in Scotland total, between Glasgow and whatever else I end up seeing. That tour I mentioned with Haggis Tours actually does include the Isle of Skye, though! I’m thinking it could be a good bet for the time and money I have.

3. Abi Forster says:

I would definately suggest a stop off in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, even if just for one night! Its where I have grown up and I am now a student at the University there!

There is plenty to do, with the beautiful bridges (including the Tyne Bridge and the Millenium Bridge), the Sage Gateshead just across the river, which is a world renowned music venue, and the Baltic Art Gallery! Or how about a trip to the Metro Centre, the largest indoor shopping centre in the UK, or Beamish Open Air Museum, both a short bus trip away from the city centre!

And if nothing else, why not have a proper british night out in the good old toon, the party capital of England! If nothing else, a night out in Newcastle is an ‘experience’!

Get back to me if you decide to visit my lovely city and I can give you some more tips!

Abi

4. Sounds like you’re going to have a blast! London is such an amazing and culturally diverse city–there’s so much to see and do! One of my favorites was Borough Market–a foodie’s paradise! In Edinburgh, visiting the Castle is a must. Stirling Castle–which I missed–is just outside of Edinburgh and widely regarded as the best castle in the land. The Highlands are gorgeous and you’ve got to go hang out with Nessie! I went recently with Jacobite Tours–you should definitely tack on a visit to Urqhuart Castle as well if you can. I loved the Glasgow Necropolis (so peaceful). If you’re looking for a place to stay in Edinburgh, I highly recommend Cruachan Guest House–loved! I’m currently writing about my time in the UK over on my blog, so do stop by! Hope this is helpful!
    Marsha Samuel recently posted..A Single Snapshot: The Great Scottish Run That Wasn’t

Thank you for so many great, detailed tips, Marsha! I really appreciate it. And I’ll definitely hop on over to your blog and follow your new posts!

5. Abhijit says:

Ah, I have lots of tips.. email me to remind me. p.s. Tour in Scottish Highlands definitely a good idea! More later!
    Abhijit recently posted..Wednesday Wanderings: Stockholm

I know you’ve already shared a few of your tips with me via e-mail, but I’ll gladly take more if you have them!

6. Heather says:

I adore Scotland. I spent two and a half weeks there last summer. Glasgow is likely one of my favourite cities in the world. Make sure you hang out in the West End for a while. It is the student area (near the University of Glasgow, which is in-and-of-itself stunning). Byers Road has so many nice little shops, and cafes and restaurants. A fantastic place to try haggis (which I actually enjoy, but that might just be my ancestry speaking) is the Ubiquitous Chip, nestled in a little lane near the Uni.

Have a great trip. I love the UK!
    Heather recently posted..Rain in Hue

7. Elizabeth says:

Are you doing a Solo trip or going with a group?
    Elizabeth recently posted..8 Tips for Filing a Complaint with a Travel Service Provider

Solo. :) Though, I’ll be meeting up with friends in Glasgow for sure. I’m trying to convince another friend to do another portion of this trip with me, but we’ll see if it happens.

8. Kirsty says:

2 weeks…. this isn’t a lot of time to experience everything in the UK! I would try and make a stop off in york – it’s a beautiful city, but the opposite side of the country from Liverpool and Chester!
    My other advice is to try and couch surf — especially if this means you can stay longer, we had some awesome people stay on our couch in Lincoln and any of the main cities have some good options.
    Oh and if this is over the time of the Olympics… ME AND POI WILL BE BACK IN ENGLAND!!! :-)

!!!!! You guys will be back in England?? Eeee! I must come and visit!! Right now, it looks like I’ll be in the UK the first 2 weeks of August.

Your tip on Couchsurfing is a great one, but since I’m already planning on about 4 weeks in Eastern Europe and then 2 weeks in the UK, I’m not sure how much extra time I’ll be able to set aside and still have a boyfriend to come home to! ;) But we shall see. It also depends on the money situation… C’mon advertisers… lol.

9. Most people usually skip Glasgow, because it has the reputation of being a boring, industrial and fairly uninteresting city. Maybe you should add a daytrip to York instead, or another pretty city in Northern England. York is an easy stop if you are on your way to Edinburgh from London.

I also suggest booking your London accommodation ASAP, as prices will only go up and up and up (and availability, too). If you are there during the summer, you might want to look into self-catering dorm rooms (I know UCL has lots of them available during the summer). Same goes for train tickets (although you can’t book your tickets more than 12 weeks in advance, check out trainline.com for cheap fares).

Also, when in Edinburgh, make sure to meet Kash from Budget Traveller and he’ll introduce you to the best places in the city. You’re guaranteed a good, lively time :-) DO NOT miss out on Arthur’s Seat, it’s really the most amazing place in the region. The views are… just wow. The castle is also very much worth a visit, as you can access some rooms that are not normally open to visitors in other royal castles.

Have fun! :-D

Thanks for the tips! I will definitely take your Edinburgh suggestions to heart. And perhaps York will make it into my itinerary, if only to see York Minster.

Cutting Glasgow out is not an option, as the World Pipe Band Championships are being held there, and going to those are the whole purpose for this trip! But I don’t plan to spend much extra time in Glasgow beyond the weekend when the competition is taking place.

And, as for accommodation in London, I’ve already got that covered (and for free!), which I’m really thankful for. I know it won’t be cheap at that time!

10. Kerry says:

Ah London. Gorgeous, gorgeous London. As a travel writer who LOVES my home city, I’ve written about what people should do when visiting lots so drop me an email if you’d like more in depth info. HOWEVER, these are just a few things I’d do …

London

- After an inspirational wander around the Tate, saunter along the river on Southbank and pay five pounds to be a Groundling at the Globe Theatre – Shakespeare’s old joint.
    - Go to Brick Lane on a Saturday or Sunday and marvel at the markets, vintage shops, cockney chatter and Banksy clad walls. While there, stop in a proper East End boozer for a pint and a spot of lunch.
    - Take a day trip up river to Hampton Court Palace (home of the Tudors) or all the way to Oxford, where you can take in the locations that inspired Alice in Wonderland, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings.

Rest of the UK

- The Lake District is indeed absolutely beautiful. You can stay in the little farmhouse bed and breakfast that was used as Beatrix Potter’s home in the movie Miss Potter. So, so many literary locations be be discovered there.
    - As already suggested, York is stunning and brimming with things to do. I challenge anyone not to fall in love with that city. You could also take a day trip from York to Whitby, which inspired Bram Stoker’s Dracula. I think anyone visiting the UK should go to a proper little coastal town like Whitby. It’s lovely.

Going to stop now before I write an essay but drop me a line if you would like other suggestions! xo
    Kerry recently posted..Giveaway … Winter Lovelies

Hey Kerry, thanks so much for all the fantastic tips! Being a huge Tolkien fan, I have indeed considered a trip up to Oxford. But we’ll see…

I may indeed drop you a line closer to my trip for more of your great suggestions!

• Laurence says:

Oxford is brilliant too, and it’s only an hour by train or about 1.5 hours by bus, easily do-able as a day trip. The city itself is incredibly compact so you could see loads of the key sights in a very short time :) A friend of mine was Tolkien’s doctor back in the day, and actually wrote part of LOTR up in his house.. pity I won’t be in the UK or I’d get you to visit :)
        Laurence recently posted..Announcing the New Zealand 2012 Calendar!

11. Lindsay says:

So exciting! Sounds like a lot, but I have some more recommendations too…

Honestly, Stonehenge is kinda meh, but if you feel like it’s something you really have to do, then definitely go (but don’t get your expectations too high!). If you’re looking for something a little different, Avebury is not far north of Stonehenge and is less touristy, and actually bigger than Stonehenge (Avebury is the largest stone circle in the world).

If you have time while you’re out that way, stopping into Bath is a great idea – it’s a beautiful place and if you like Jane Austen, there’s a centre there in her honour!

Doesn’t sound like you’ve got plans to go down to the south coast, but Brighton is a really fun place to go (and you can do it as a day trip from London). The Lanes are lovely (and no chain stores are allowed in the area) and there are a lot of great shops to wander around. I lived in Guildford and did a number of day trips down to Brighton because it was just such a fun place to visit.

When you head to the Cotswolds, try to take yourself through Oxford and go punting and check out the library and everything. If the weather is nice, it’ll be gorgeous. (also, I believe bits of Harry Potter were also filmed there!).

Others have suggested York and I completely agree with their suggestion. Definitely try to have some high tea while there :)

As for London, well, the list is endless for recommendations, but definitely go to Borough Market (and Neals Yard Dairy if you like cheese) and Camden – two of my favourite places in the city. Ooh and Portobello Road in Notting Hill is a must – touristy, albeit, but local as well. Also check out the Olympics info for Live Sites/Celebration Sites that will likely be placed all over the city, and try to watch some of the bigger events with the crowd. Will probably make for a really good experience!

Hope that helps – you’re going to love it!
    Lindsay recently posted..Authentic Thai Food in an English Bookshop

It seems like York is coming up in a lot of suggestions! I will definitely have to try and fit it in, even if it does perhaps mean cutting out something else. And Oxford is definitely on my radar, too, but I suppose it will depend a lot on what else I end up doing in/around London!

I’m really looking forward to some of the Olympic fever that I know will be present all around the city. I LOVE the Olympics, so watching stuff with the crowds is definitely on my list!

12. Sabrina says:

The only place I’ve been to in England is London, but I might have a few tips for that :) Haven’t gotten around to many of the posts I plan on writing, but maybe this food one could be of help to you? http://countryskipper.com/2011/09/28/eat-this-a-guide-to-great-english-food-in-london/. Other than that… I know bus tours are kind of lame, but of you have limited time, they really are a great way to see the city. We used the Big Bus Tour and loved it. As for transportation, of course the subway is easy, but if you want to experience something different (and fast!), give the Thames Clippers a try. They’re cheap and you get a nice view of the Tower Bridge from the boat. And they get you close to one of my favorite food places in London: The Grapes. Planning a post of that one sometime in the next weeks or so with more details. If you have time for a little daytrip from London, check out Canterbury Cathedral. It’s beautiful! The whole little town is worth a visit.
    Sabrina recently posted..Only in Texas: Skull with Horns on Truck

I appreciate the tips, Sabrina! I will definitely look into some of your suggestions. The Clippers sound like a good bet!

13. Kirsten says:

I definitely recommend a coffee tour of London, if you’re a fan of coffee. This is a great list of the best and on that list the very very best are: Kaffeine, Notes, Nude and Prufrock http://youngandfoodish.com/coffee/top-10-coffee-shops-in-london/

Also, yes, they are touristy but I very much enjoyed my overnight trip to Stonehenge and Bath. I’d recommend not skipping those two when you’re outside London.
    Kirsten recently posted..Leaving London for the Country

A coffee tour sounds fun! I’m not actually a huge coffee drinker, but it still sounds like something interesting to do.

And I’m glad to hear people still suggesting Stonehenge and Bath, even if they are quite touristy. I have no problem being a tourist sometimes, especially if it’s in a place I’ve never been before! ;)

14. Since you are into “dark tourism” you might like the Imperial War Museum in London.
    Traveling Ted recently posted..Traveling Ted takes to the P^: the pick pocket proof pants

I’m not sure I’d say I’m “into” dark tourism, but, seeing as how it’s basically my thesis topic, I’m certainly learning a lot about it! Thanks for the tip!

15. I’m so excited that Chester made your shortlist! You can definitely stay with me if I’m around (I’m sure I will be!) and Chester is the perfect place from which to do a Liverpool day trip — it’s less than 30 minutes away by train. Chester itself is interesting too — such a beautiful city, with Roman ruins, city walls (you can walk all the way around), and HORSE RACING!

You’ll love Edinburgh — it’s right up your alley. I think I can hook you up with a tour to Loch Ness, too!
    Adventurous Kate recently posted..Adventurous Kate Rides a Donkey; Hilarity Does Not Ensue

Thanks, Kate! All of your posts about Chester have made me really want to see it for myself! And I remember you saying before that it wasn’t far from Liverpool, so it sounds perfect! Plus, finally being able to meet you after all these years would be so great!!

I’m really looking forward to Edinburgh. Like, really. Perhaps even more than London! I need to shoot you an e-mail to take you up on all these offers of contacts you’ve been throwing my way! ;)

16. Scotland! At least this is my dream for on time now. I just love the country side there and believe it or not I love that weather! This is definitely first on my bucket list, spending at least a month in Scotland.

17. Will Goddard says:

If you can, you should definitely come to Stamford, Lincolnshire, a beautiful town, 800 years old.

I love that Europe has towns and cities that are centuries old. We don’t really have much of that here in the U.S.!

18. Sam says:

Soooo many options there!

Last month we were in Wales for three weeks (in a hire car) and were planning to do the Lakes district as well. But plans changed and we have ended up staying in Scotland for ages because it is fab – even in the cold wind and rain! This mean that Lakes will be missed, but we have heard from lots of people that it is quite similar, scenic wise, to Wales. So I think if you get to one of the two it will be worth it.

Definitely spend a few days in Edinburgh, we did the New Europe free tour, very entertaining and informative plus gives you a good idea of what else you want to see in the city. I recommend a walk up to Arthur’s Seat on a clear day.

Now for the rest of Scotland, we have just done Stirling, Craigdorm, Loch Ness and surrounds, Ullapool and are going down the West Coast to do Skye, Mull and a few other areas.

Loch Ness was one of those “must do’s” but still worth it. We have seen a few tours on our way around (again in a hire car) and they seem to be doing most of the main areas, so if you are strapped for time I think some of them look really good. We have also stayed, by coincidence, at some of the hostels they go to and they have all been good so far.

Loch Lomond and the surrounding national park are far more stunning than Loch Ness if you can make it there.

Other places we have been have been a bit more remote and probably only suitable in a car – but there are so many places to see that wherever you decide will be great I am sure. Shoot me an email if you want anymore info on where we went/stayed.
    Sam recently posted..Foodie: My new friend “Haggis”

Thanks for the great tips, Sam! You’re not the first one to suggest a New Europe tour in Edinburgh, so I will definitely need to keep that in mind.

Part of me wants to just extend my time in the UK in order to see more, but I know I’ll regret not spending as much time in Eastern Europe as I can! So this may just have to be a whirlwind tour of England and Scotland. But, for now, I’m okay with that. :)

19. Mike C says:

Great news you are coming to London. I can recommend a few cool things to do. Camden is a must, the market and canals are ace. Try and take in a gig, there’ll be a range of options from punk to reggae to skinny jeans indie kids.

Second tip is Brick Lane – check out the heart of multi-cultural London. It’s in the East End but should be away from the Olympic crowds.

And finally avoid the tourist traps, such as Leicester Square – two mins walk in any direction and you’ll find some cool pubs, restaurants etc. Avoid any place that uses the word Aberdeen and Angus or a combination of the two. Truly awful food.

Have a great time.

20. Paul says:

Chester is a must if you are near Liverpool (also not to far from me) and I’d recommend Newcastle if you’re heading further north.

Just had a week in Austria and can really recommend Graz, less crowded than Vienna and much nicer in my opinion.

Paul

Thanks for the suggestions, Paul! Chester and Liverpool are definitely in my sights. And, if I end up fitting Austria in, I’m actually most interested in visiting Salzburg! I have a friend who studied abroad there and raves about it. Plus, I’m a huge “Sound of Music” fan! ;)

21. Jess says:

As you can see from the above comments – there is SO much to do in London it’s not funny. Just to add my 2 cents worth, in addition to all the above suggestions, I really enjoyed Greenwich. I also loved going to the parliament but I’m a political geek so yes, that’s a must see for me, but not for many other people!

As already mentioned Oxford and/or Cambridge are a good day trip (esp if you’re a Harry Potter fan – the great hall is in Oxford), not just for the universities but the towns themselves are pretty and you can’t walk further than a block without running into some historical landmark. Oh, I can also put in a second vote for Avebury. I did a day tour that did Avebury, Stone Henge and Glastonbury which was quite good.

If you have limited time in London I’d look into the London Pass – unlike some of those tourist passes it is quite good value depending on what you’re interested in seeing.

Enjoy :)

I appreciate the tips, Jess! I am planning to look into getting a London Pass. And, it seems like a day trip to Oxford needs to be added to my list! Many people have mentioned it now.

22. Some people like to knock Stonehenge, but I thought it was awesome. We also REALLY loved the Cotswolds, so if possible I would check that area out. In London, we thought the exhibit at the Kensington Palace was super creepy and weird (but in an awesome way) and it was fun taking a boat cruise on the River Thames. Also, head to Brick Lane to haggle for Indian food!
    Christy @ Technosyncratic recently posted..Thailand’s International Hot Air Balloon Festival

Glad to hear you really liked Stonehenge!

And I remember reading your posts about both the Cotswolds and Kensington Palace and thinking both sounded pretty great! Thanks for the tips!

23. Magzs says:

Wales is also part of the UK!! Laurence (finding the Universe) should have recommended it – after all he was born there! Stunning scenery, walks and some good pubs. For scenery – the Snowdonia National Park takes a lot of beating. If you go to Chester then you are a stones throw away.
    Laurence’s Mum!

24. You’ve got already a ton of great suggestions here, there’s almost nothing to add for me ;-) When I read that you’ll be in London during the Olympics my first thought was ‘Book accommodation NOW’ – London’s hotels / hostels / B&B’s etc get booked super fast for the summer months anyway, but with the Olympics at the same time, you should look into accommodation asap, like somebody already said. I recommend checking out AirBnB or http://www.crashpadder.com – similar to AirBnB & much cheaper than hotels.

Some of our favorite places in the UK are Chester, Liverpool, Newcastle, York, Bath and Brighton. And Oxford is a must since you have the Cotswolds on your list anyway (and Harry Potter was filmed in some of the Colleges ;-) – Megabus has tickets for GBP 5.00 from London to Oxford) And since you’ll be in Glasgow, I definitely recommend stopping at Loch Lomond, which is only about 15 miles outside of Glasgow. Many people say it’s much more impressive than Loch Ness and we agree :)
    Dani | Globetrottergirls recently posted..Travel Photo Roulette #32: LOVE

Thanks for the suggestions, Dani! I’m certainly hoping to hit up a lot of the spots you’ve listed.

And I’ve actually already got my accommodation in London squared away — a fellow blogger has already offered me a free sofa bed! So that’s at least one thing I shouldn’t have to worry about.

25. Tash says:

This might be a bit mean to post, cos I don’t think you have time, at all, but one of my favourite random trips when I was living in London was a little weekend trip out to Cumbria and the Lake Districts:
    So beautiful, and such a fill of that traditional lush countryside we always hear about Old Blighty!
    Tash recently posted..Race Day at Warwick Farm

26. Dylan says:

Naturally, you will have me as your London tour guide :)

Will give you recs when I see you in TBEX next week.
    Dylan recently posted..Admiring Turin’s historical cafes