I’ve always had a kind of running bucket list in my head — a list of all the things I would ideally like to do before I die. It’s a long list. Probably an impossible list to actually complete. But it’s always good to have goals and dreams, right?

So here follows my ever-growing bucket list. It may look different next week, but that’s the point of a work in progress.

If you can help me out with any of the items on this list, please let me know!

Adventures to Have:

Anywhere:

• Pursue a tornado with a team of storm chasers
  • Go skydiving
  • Go bungy jumping (x3 – Taupo (2008) and Queenstown (2005, 2011), New Zealand)
  • Hike out on a glacier (Franz Josef, NZ, 2011; Alaska, 2012)
  • Ride in a hot air balloon (Monument Valley, 2011)
  • Go white water rafting (Colorado, 2011, Slovenia 2012)
  • Ride in a helicopter (Queenstown, NZ, 2008)
  • Go kayaking (2014)
  • See an active volcano up close (I wanna see the lava!)
  • Climb a mountain
  • Drive in a country where they drive on the opposite side of the road (New Zealand, 2008)
  • Attend a professional sports game (football, baseball, soccer, rugby, hockey)
  • See gymnastics live at the Olympic Games (London, 2012)
  • Go jet boating (New Zealand, 2008 and 2011)
  • Go ziplining (Colorado, 2011)
  • Celebrate Christmas in a different country
  • Celebrate New Year’s in a different country (Ireland, 2007/8; Scotland 2012/13)
  • Go on a cruise (x3 – Gulf of Mexico, Bahamas, Alaska)
  • See the Red Bull Flugtag in person
  • Hang out with someone famous
  • Attend a huge parade and/or rally
  • Take part in a protest (Chicago, 2011)
  • Play in a marching band at a professional sporting game/match (Canada, 2006)
  • See a favorite band in concert
  • Participate in a wacky cultural event/tradition/race (Loony Dook and Color Run, 2013)
  • Eat something that looks/sounds/smells scary (Iceland, 2012)
  • Tour someplace haunted at night (Ottawa, 2012; Edinburgh, 2012)
  • Go horseback riding on a beach (Pakiri Beach, NZ, 2008)
  • Take part in an archaeological dig
  • Stomp grapes to make wine
  • Visit a nude beach (and actually go nude)
  • Dance a Latin dance with a Latin guy
  • Go skinny dipping
  • Jump off a waterfall

The U.S.:

• Take a U.S. road trip (2011, 2013)
  • Visit all 50 states
  • See a Broadway play on Broadway (x3 “Phantom of the Opera,” “Wicked,” “Lion King”)
  • Get a behind-the-scenes tour of the White House
  • Climb to the crown in the Statue of Liberty
  • Ride a cable car in San Francisco (2012)
  • Go to Disney World and have fun as an adult
  • See live improv in Chicago (2011)
  • Be a geek at Harry Potter World
  • Do the hula in Hawaii
  • Attend Burning Man in Nevada
  • Visit Roswell, NM
  • Take an air boat tour in the Everglades in Florida (x2)
  • Party at Mardi Gras in New Orleans
  • See the Kentucky Derby live at Churchill Downs
  • Bike across the Golden Gate Bridge in SF
  • Go to a really weird/random local festival
  • Drive the Pacific Coast Highway through California

Canada

• Go to the Tulip Festival in Ottawa (2013)
  • Eat poutine in Quebec
  • Ride trains across the country
  • Swim with Beluga whales in Churchill, Manitoba
  • Go on an iceberg quest in Newfoundland

Europe:

• Try a spacecake in Amsterdam (2013)
  • Walk around in Verona, Italy, reciting Shakespeare
  • Eat pizza in Naples, Italy
  • Ride a gondola in Venice, Italy
  • Climb to the top of the dome of St. Peter’s, The Vatican, Italy (2005, 2013)
  • Visit Calabria, where my Italian grandpa’s family is from
  • Witness the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain
  • Throw tomatos La Tomatina in Valencia, Spain
  • Celebrate New Year’s at Hogmanay in Edinburgh, Scotland (2012/13)
  • Go to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (2012)
  • Hunt for Nessie in Scotland (2012)
  • Lay on a beach in Croatia for a day
  • Island hop in Croatia
  • Sail around the Greek islands
  • Sing “Sound of Music” tunes in Salzburg, Austria (2013)
  • Experience the true Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany
  • Drive on the Autobahn, Germany
  • Live in London for a while
  • Track my ancestry in Ireland
  • Ride in a hot air balloon in Cappadocia, Turkey
  • Hunt vampires in Romania (2012)
  • Soak in the Blue Lagoon in Iceland (2012)
  • Drive the Ring Road in Iceland
  • Snorkel in between tectonic plates in Iceland
  • Chase the Northern Lights in Norway
  • Visit family in Slovakia
  • Ride the Jacobite train through the Scottish Highlands

Central/South America:

• Dance in a Latin American salsa or tango club
  • Attend Carnival in Brazil
  • Climb some Mayan ruins (2013)
  • Snorkel in cenotes in Tulum, Mexico
  • Get up close with sloths in Costa Rica (2013)
  • Spend time in a beach town in Mexico
  • Swim with whale sharks in Mexico or Belize
  • Snorkel in a cenote in Mexico
  • Snorkel the Belize Barrier Reef (2013)
  • Chill out on Caye Caulker, Belize (2013)
  • Ride the Death Road on mountain bike in Bolivia

Oceania:

• Climb up the world’s steepest road (Baldwin Street, Dunedin, NZ, 2008)
  • Go on a “Lord of the Rings” tour in New Zealand (2005)
  • Go zorbing in New Zealand (2008)
  • Hike the Tongariro Crossing, New Zealand
  • Work at Hobbiton
  • Surf in Raglan, New Zealand
  • Ride the TranzAlpine train across New Zealand (2011)
  • Go on an epic NZ road trip
  • Swim with seals in Kaikoura, NZ
  • See a kiwi bird up close in New Zealand (2008)
  • Hike around Uluru in the Australian Outback
  • Climb the Sydney Harbor Bridge in Australia
  • Hold a koala bear
  • Road trip around Tasmania
  • Take a helicopter ride over the Great Barrier Reef

Africa:

• Climb Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa
  • Go on a safari
  • See the wildebeest migration
  • Ride a camel in the Sahara
  • Cage dive with great white sharks
  • Trek to see mountain gorillas in Uganda

Asia:

• Climb the Great Wall of China (2007)
  • Ride (and survive the ride) in a tuk tuk (2014)
  • Beach/island hop in Thailand (2014)
  • See the Yi Peng lantern festival near Chiang Mai
  • Go diving around Koh Tao, Thailand
  • Get custom clothes made in Hoi An, Vietnam (2014)
  • Attend the Cherry Blossom festival in Japan
The Middle-East
  • Float in the Dead Sea

Cool Things to See:

The U.S.:

Canada

• Banff National Park (2014)
  • Polar bears in Churchill, Manitoba
  • Dinosaur Provincial Park in Alberta

Europe:

• Dracula’s Castle in Romania (or what inspired it, at least) (2012)
  • Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, Turkey (2012)
  • Stonehenge, England (2012)
  • Abbey Road, London, England (2013)
  • Highclere Castle, England (where Downton Abbey is filmed)
  • All the cool sights in London (Big Ben, The Eye, London Bridge) (2012)
  • The Royal Mile in Edinbrugh, Scotland (x2)
  • Cliffs of Moher, Ireland (2013)
  • Trevi Fountain, Rome, Italy (2005)
  • Colosseum, Rome, Italy (2005)
  • St. Peter’s Basilica, The Vatican, Italy (2005)
  • The Scavi, The Vatican, Italy
  • Ruins in Pompeii, Italy (2005)
  • Leaning Tower of Pisa, Italy (2013)
  • Canals in Venice (2013)
  • The villages of Cinque Terre, Italy
  • Acropolis in Athens, Greece (2012)
  • The walls of Dubrovnik, Croatia (2012)
  • Plitvice Lakes in Croatia
  • Red Square, Moscow, Russia
  • Remnants of the Berlin Wall (2013)
  • Auschwitz-Birkenau in Poland (2013)
  • Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany
  • The Old Town of Prague (2013)
  • Eiffel Tower, Paris, France (2013)
  • The Mona Lisa, The Louvre, France
  • Normandy beaches, France
  • Lavender fields in France
  • Notre Dame, Paris, France (2013)
  • Rila Monastery, Bulgaria (2012)
  • La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain
  • The fjords of Norway
  • Santorini, Greece (2013)
  • Reykjavik, Iceland (2012)
  • Stari Most bridge in Mostar
  • Pulpit Rock in Norway

Asia:

• Great Wall of China (2007)
  • Forbidden City, Beijing, China (2007)
  • Live pandas in China
  • The terra-cotta warriors in Xi’an, China
  • Mount Everest
  • Angkor Wat, Cambodia (2014)
  • Halong Bay, Vietnam (2014)
  • Sapa, Vietnam
  • Taj Mahal, India
  • Temples in Bangkok, Thailand (2014)
  • Longtail boats on a Thai island (2014)
  • Pai, Thailand
  • The “White Temple” in Chiang Rai, Thailand
  • A geisha in Japan
  • The Peace Memorial in Hiroshima, Japan
  • Hemji Castle in Japan
  • The Tori Path in Kyoto, Japan
  • The lights show in Victoria Harbor in Hong Kong

The Middle-East

• Petra, Jordan
  • Dubai, UAE
  • Jerusalem

Africa:

• The Pyramids of Giza, Cairo, Egypt
  • Victoria Falls
  • Chefchaouen, Morocco (the “Blue City”)
  • Table Mountain in South Africa

• Guanajuato, Mexico
  • Tulum ruins in Mexico

Oceania:

• The Great Barrier Reef, Australia
  • The beaches in the Whitsundays
  • Uluru, Australia
  • Sydney Opera House and Harbor Bridge, Australia (2008)
  • Hobbiton movie set, New Zealand (x2, 2005 and 2008)
  • Lupins blooming at Lake Taupo, NZ
  • Milford Sound, New Zealand (2008)
  • Abel Tasman National Park, NZ
  • Tasmania
  • Aitutaki Lagoon in the Cook Islands

Other:

• Antarctica
  • Earth from space
  • The Northern Lights (Manitoba, 2013)
  • Icebergs up close (2010)
  • Niagara Falls
  • A geyser explode (Lady Knox Geyser, NZ, 2008; Strokkur, Iceland, 2012)
  • Sufi Whirling Dervishes in action

Animal Encounters to Have:

• Hug a penguin
  • Ride an ostrich
  • See kangaroos in the wild (Australia, 2008)
  • Ride a camel
  • Volunteer with elephants (Thailand, 2014)
  • Go dolphin watching (x3, NZ, 2008 and 2011)
  • Go whale watching (Hawaii, 2011)
  • Swim with dolphins
  • Wrap a huge snake around my shoulders
  • Go dogsledding (Manitoba, 2013)

Things to Learn:

• Become fluent in a second language
  • Learn how to drive a manual car
  • Learn how to cook really well
  • Take surfing lessons (x2, in New Zealand and Florida)
  • Learn how to swing dance
  • Learn to snowboard

Personal Goals:

• Make a difference in someone’s life
  • Live abroad for at least a year
  • Fill up a passport before it expires (2012)
  • Visit all 7 continents
  • Witness a historical event in person
  • Take Mom to see Paul McCartney in concert (August 2010)
  • Try my hand at being a tour guide
  • Volunteer
  • Host an exchange student
  • Connect with someone from another culture even if we speak different languages
  • Go barefoot for a week
  • Read an entire book in a day
  • Say yes to everything for a week
  • Get a tattoo
  • Have a fling
  • Fall in love
  • Have a family
  • Find a job that I love

Professional Goals:

• Have a photo published in a magazine
  • Have a story published in a travel magazine or book
  • Have my own website
  • Make money off said website (working on it!)
  • Write a travel book
  • Be on “The Amazing Race”
  • Be in a movie
  • Steal Samantha Brown’s job on the Travel Channel

Are any of these things on your bucket list? Have you done any/can you recommend any of the things on my list?

124 Responses to Presenting: My Bucket List

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Flightster, Amanda Williams. Amanda Williams said: NEW POST: Presenting My Bucket List http://wp.me/p10Ebd-ZC #travel [...]

2. Jaime D. says:

Oh girl I am loving you more and more I love this list. It is awesome. I wanna do just about all of those.
    Jaime D. recently posted..Decisions Decisions Decisions

3. Ali says:

I love it! I love that some of those things are really simple and some of them are really out there. I think it’s so great to have so many goals for your life, and writing them down helps you see how much you’ve actually accomplished. I might have to do one of these lists myself one of these days!
    Ali recently posted..Eating Cuy – The Night My Dinner Waived At Me

Thanks, Ali! And yeah, there’s such a jumble of random things on my list. But, that’s kind of how life is, isn’t it?

I never wrote any of these things down before, but I decided it was time. I need some motivation! Plus, just putting the list together was a lot of fun.

4. Kieron says:

Wow what an awesome list – made me realise that we’ve done more of the US things on your list than we have in our own country Australia. We’ve been meaning to write one up – but just don’t know where to start!

Add ‘Australian Football’ to your list of professional sporting events to attend – if you get a chance to do it, you’ll definitely have a blast!
    Kieron recently posted..5 reasons why all travelers should be using Foursquare

Thanks so much, Kieron! It’s funny how you can see so much of another country, and so little of your own! I’m definitely guilty of this… I’ve seen and done so much in NZ, but hardly any of the things I’d like to do in the U.S.! Must get to work.

And I’ll definitely keep the Australian football in mind for when I’m in OZ next!

5. That’s one extensive list! I like how you sub-categorized everything.
    But what’s even greater is that you’ve accomplished so many items! Congratulations are in order.

I have yet to make a list and realize some of the items, although I guess I have accomplished a few dreams already.

Do you have any favourite items you would really really like to do shortly?
    Eurotrip Tips recently posted..Thursday’s Travel Links

Extensive, yes. Do-able? Perhaps. But, even if I never get around to everything, I like having the list anyway. Always gives me something to strive for.

The items that would be at the “top” of my list right now would probably be some of the things in Turkey (I REALLY want to go there), as well as the U.S. road trip. I’d put those as my next two major things I’d like to do.

6. Dan Collins says:

We WILL do most of the stuff on this list. We rule. haha
    Dan Collins recently posted..Explosions and Nature

7. Jenny says:

Great Bucket List! There are so many great things on there! I categorized my Bucket List in a similar way, makes it so much easier to read and find things! I might actually sub-categorize my “Places” by continent as you have – great idea!
    Jenny recently posted..You know you’re preparing to go around the world when…

Thanks, Jenny! I really love your bucket list, as well. I’ll admit, I decided to break mine up into multiple categories after seeing yours and a few others, but opted to take it even further for organization (I like my lists!) and readability.

8. Rebecca says:

I know you are going to get a lot of hits off this:-)

Love this list. I have always wanted to make a list except it would be in volumes by now. Should just start it anyway:-)

Uluru! FAB!! Except for the climbing part. Aboriginals ask you not to climb it and half the time it’s “closed” anyway cause of weather. But it’s fab to see up close and walk around.

And yay for SWIMMING with Seals in Kaikoura! So much fun!
    Rebecca recently posted..Discovering New Music While Traveling

Thanks, Rebecca! There are probably tons of other things I could add to this list… but, like you said, it would be sooo long!

I’d be happy just seeing Uluru up close! And yes, I definitely want to swim with those seals!

9. Great list, I added it as one of my resources for 9 1/2 Ways to Ignite Adventure in Your Life.

In Africa, you should add a trip to Victoria Falls.

I too wanted to climb Uluru in Australia, but the Aboriginals frown upon climbing it. It is insensitive since they consider it sacred. Hiking AROUND it is fine – which is what I’ll be doing next year!

Thanks for adding a link to my bucket list on your site!

Victoria Falls is on my list! It’s under the Africa section in the “Cool Things to See” list. Definitely would like to make it there someday.

You’re the second person to mention the taboo about climbing Uluru. I had no idea! I think I’ll revise that entry on my list, as I certainly wouldn’t want to offend anybody.

10. Steve says:

This is a great list, very diverse. I have a lot of these things on my list too. My list is way too long already, but I have it written down someplace. I think writing it down is great for motivation since you see how far you’ve come and how far you have to go. Great list.
    Steve recently posted..Common Travel Problems And How to Avoid Them Part 1

Thanks so much, Steve. And yes, I agree — writing down your list (no matter how long it ends up being) can serve as some great motivation. I have so much I want to do, but it’s fun to see how much I’ve already done!

11. Dave Williams says:

Great list! A bucket list is a must for any ambitious person……. it tells much about that person, sort of a personal totem….. but as time goes by, you will change….some things on the list will not be very important anymore and will be replaced with stuff that you would have never guessed earlier. Life is always changing and we adapt, but that’s a good thing. P.S. A bucket list is never meant to be completed, always something to strive for!

I agree – this list will probably never be static, and will likely change a lot in the coming years. But that’s half the fun of keeping a bucket list! Hopefully 10 years from now I can compare my new list to this old one and see how far I’ve come!

12. [...] Presenting: My Bucket List – Dangerous-Business.com [...]

13. Michael says:

I have not created a bucket list but this sort of inspires me to do so. I like your list and I bet it feels great to cross one out. I’ve always had vague ideas or outlines in my head of what is supposed to happen. Most times I just stumble forward and end up somewhere….hmm.
    Michael recently posted..Contests and giveaways – Win Free Sunglasses

The good thing is, a bucket list can always change. You can always add to it, or take away from it, because it’s yours! But yes, it feels great to get to cross things off!

14. NICE list, Amanda!!

I like that you have a tuk-tuk ride on the list. I was convinced that I was going to fall out the first time — WHERE DO I HOLD ON?!?! — but you get used to it so quickly! (And then you get over it and get annoyed by them, especially when you’re late for dinner with friends, don’t have a phone, and the driver has stopped to say hi to his family. WTF?!?!)

One of my Bangkok bucket list items is riding a motorcycle taxi sidesaddle, like so many Thai women do. According to Laura from A Wandering Sole, whom I met in Bangkok, they wouldn’t let her do it because she wasn’t wearing a skirt. Now, THAT’S terrifying!!
    Adventurous Kate recently posted..How To Survive Your First Week on the Road

I feel like riding in a tuk-tuk is just one of those things that I HAVE to do someday, even if they seem rather terrifying! It’s all part of the adventure, right?

But that sidesaddle thing… weird! I didn’t even know you could do that! I think I’d be too scared of flying off.

15. Anna says:

One thing you should add to your list is visit an Embera village in Panama. It’s something that sounds like it’s right up your alley.

16. Chae says:

The Canyon Swing in Queenstown should be on everyone’s list.
    I would do it again in a heartbeat!

I came SO CLOSE to doing it the last time I was in Queenstown. But I ran out of time (and money). It’s definitely on my “next time” list for NZ.

17. Connie says:

Wow! What an extensive list! I think I’m going to have to borrow a few of your points and add them to my bucket list too!

18. JoAnna says:

If you make it to Las Vegas, let me know. I call Sin City home, and the Strip is just a short drive away from my living room. Would love to show you some of my favorite sites.
    JoAnna recently posted..5 Hotels in Vietnam

19. My bucket list keep changing. But seeing the northern lights and discovering a new species are consistently pretty up there :)

Nice list you got there and it’s cool you got most of them crossed out already!
    Jill – Jack and Jill Travel The World recently posted..How To Survive Long Airport Layovers

20. [...] I have a bucket list, too. My list contains everything from seeing the touristy sites in London to exploring the ruins of Petra, with tons of other things in between. And while I have typical “must-visit” destinations on my list, like Italy, Greece and France, I also have some less popular destinations in mind that my friends and family may not know about. [...]

21. Andi says:

Wow now THAT is a list, rock on girl, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Andi recently posted..Happy New Year!!!

Thanks, Andi! And yes, my list is scary and big… but I don’t half-ass things, not even my bucket list! I hope to cross off a lot of the US stuff in the coming year!

22. Katie says:

Swing through Chicago on your U.S. road trip and you can check off a bunch of these: sky diving, kayaking, Red Bull Flugtag, pro soccer or hockey game, hang out with someone famous (we’re turning into quite the celeb destination lately), attend a huge parade and even stomp grapes to make wine!
    Katie recently posted..Europe in the Winter Sign Me Up!

I’m definitely planning to hit up Chicago at least once this year — maybe even twice! I’ll have to keep my eye on this year’s Red Bull Flugtag… that’s one random thing I really want to see in person!

23. Kham says:

Here is a great place to create, manage and share your bucket list. You can also get some interesting ideas to put on your bucket list from others.

Check it out.

24. shrooms_m says:

I think you can cross >> Make money off said website from the list :)

Haha, yes, I suppose I can! Though, I really meant the sort of money I can live off of… And I’m certainly not there yet!

25. Mike says:

I always enjoy a good bucket list and you have some great goals in there. I’m especially impressed with your goal of seeing Earth from space. I also learned something today – I had never heard of the Red Bull Flugtag but it sounds completely awesome. Think I’m going to steal it and add to mine :)
    Mike recently posted..It’s the Journey Not the Destination

Hi Mike! Thanks for checking out my bucket list! I know I have plenty on here that I probably won’t ever get the opportunity to do (such as going into space), but that’s kind of the point of a bucket list, right? If you actually crossed everything off, what would you have to work toward??

And feel free to steal anything off my list! I think the Red Bull Flugtag would be so much fun to see! Hopefully that’s one of the things I’m actually able to cross off someday.

26. [...] the wild, colorful, chaotic Carnival in this city is one of those things on my bucket list that I actually hope to cross off someday. I’m not a party animal by any means, but there are [...]

27. Barry says:

That is a fascinating bucket list. If you happen to be in Western Canada in any summer, swing by Calgary, Alberta and there’s an excellent chance we can get you to a mountain summit. There are a whole range of possibilities nearby and we’ll find one that will match your needs. I like your blog. Came to me by email as a recommendation from Stumble Upon.
    Barry recently posted..Palais Crystal Palace – Dieppe – Hiking New Brunswick

Hi Barry. I’m glad you “stumbled” upon my blog! And I would love to climb a mountain in Calgary. Though, it would have to be a little one – I don’t think I’m ready for anything huge and scary!

28. Maria Pavel says:

You do know why there are a lot more suicides around New Year, right? Because people make lists and can’t keep up, so they get depressed. But i guess for a list of things to do before you die you don’t have to worry about that :)
    And you do have high goals, at least in my opinion. My list is ten times shorter.
    Maria Pavel recently posted..CNA Training in California

29. Fantastic post. I would love to do something like this, but with kids, its hard to find the time to complete a bucket list. Maybe i will have to wait until they have grown up before i can complete my list. However i also have a long list of things to do in my bucket list.

I like the way you have chosen things to do and see in certain countries and split them in to country order.

I hope you manage to complete the list, especially being in a movie (and you can’t cheap by choosing a home movie).

Good luck!

You shouldn’t let a family or kids keep you from trying to complete your own bucket list! I know plenty of families (with young kids, too) who travel the world together.

30. Cat says:

I love this list. I don’t have a bucket list when it comes to travel, but when I moved to Spain I did a list of five countries I wanted to visit before going home: Germany, Portugal, Ireland, Holland and Morocco. In my first year alone, I did every one but Holland, and I keep adding a new place to the list as I cross one off.

And I LOVE your inclusion at watching a historical event take place. I love the Spanish football team, so rooting them on last summer during the world cup was great, but hearing the Spanish national anthem play as they beat Holland along with 5,000 other Spaniards in La coruña made the tears flow! It’s truly amzing to be outside of what you’re used to and get a feeling that you know that this very moment will be forever etched into your conscious, as well as the world’s. Good luck!
    Cat recently posted..Espaneesh Estiiile Frenh Tos

Thank you, Cat! I like lists, and I especially like lists that inspire me to go out and do things! I have a feeling I may never complete this one (as I’m sure it will only continue growing as I cross things off), but that’s okay. It’s fun to even just dream about some of these things.

I can only imagine how awesome it must have been to be in Spain last year during the World Cup!

31. Tara says:

lol just randomly found your site while googling for sweet cliffs in new zealand [im looking for the best one to camp out on as part of my bucket list, which im blogging as a poor person on wordpress haha]
    just wanted to say i think this site is pretty sweet, you’ve done a lot of shit ! your bucket list it a lot more detailed than mine. i just wrote 100 things on it. no special categories or anything haha.
    Tara recently posted..005 – Hitchhiking

32. what a great list! stonehenge is pretty amazing but there are some other really good places to visit in the UK. i need to add some of yous to mine, so imaginative!

Thanks! There are, of course, lots of other places in the UK that I also want to see. But Stonehenge is kind of that iconic one that I know I can’t miss!

33. [...] By Sara Bynoe – actor,writer,humourist and Stonehenge visitor. Mouse here for Related LinksPresenting: My Bucket List [...]

34. Jenna says:

I know I’ve already recommended the Czech Repubic to you, but it would be a great place to celebrate Christmas in another culture– they have unique traditions and fantastic Xmas markets. Staying with a family there would be a great experience.
    I guess you’ll be doing a lot of the UK items on your list next summer!
    Your list was fun to read! I dont really have a list, but I definitely have places I want to visit very badly, including Turkey. Enjoy having all these new experiences :)
    Jenna recently posted..Summer Travel in California: Navigating the options

Thanks for the suggestions, Jenna! I have family in that area (my mom can never remember if they’re in the Czech Republic or Slovakia), and it would be cool to go over there sometime around the holidays.

And yes, hopefully I’ll get to cross off a lot of the UK items next summer!

35. Jenna says:

My family on my grandfather’s side are from there, too. The area has a rich culture and the people are very hospitable. The Xmas traditions even include a carp in the bathtub!

36. [...] in Ninja Warrior *Note* I absolutely loved the way Amanda from A Dangerous Business Blog did her Bucket list and it inspired the layout of my own. Check hers out [...]

37. Mark Conger says:

Great website! An inspiration, even. Regarding the desire to make a difference in someone’s life, the case can easily be made that you already have done it already just through your enthusiasm for life which drips from every word. Probably should cross that one off the list :)

38. Jane says:

Hi Amanda! I thought I’d let you know that your blog and bucket list inspired me to start my own. I’d love your feedback!! Jane. http://straytravels.wordpress.com/

Hey Jane! Awesome to hear that my bucket list inspired you to start your own! Yours looks great so far! Have fun crossing everything off!

39. [...] at the Olympics. As a former gymnast myself, I am SO excited about this — it’s a big bucket list item that will be awesome to get to cross [...]

40. [...] writes about how people with day jobs can still travel. (Love it!) On the front page is a link to her bucket list, which is long, awe inspiring, and broken down into personal, professional, and location-based [...]

41. Jenny says:

Wow- “see earth from space”…? That is an ambitious list! I want to see all the big water falls (Victoria, Angel Iguazu, etc.)

42. I love your list! Some great ones I’d forgotten on there. You’ve probably covered the historical event though – there are at least 3 I can think of (2 not so nice ones) – think royal weddings/royal deaths/first black presidents/terrorist attacks? Although not all of them great they are historical. Yay for being a dreamer too though. A friend told me the other day that the native indians believed that if you wrote something down it was more likely to come true. I’ll go with that! lol
    Katherine – Kapcha The World recently posted..Snow Days in Christchurch

I’m definitely a believer that if you actually write your goals down, you are reminded more to go after them!

43. Nanna says:

The Tongariro Crossing is amazing and go Dolphin swimming in Kaikoura NZ. I did that and it was the best day of my life!!!
    Good luck with everything, I love your list!

44. Virginia says:

Love your bucket list! I have an adventurous side too! I have not been bungee jumping yet, but I have been skydiving!!! Amazing!
    Virginia recently posted..Comfort Zone

45. Chloe says:

I must say, such a fab list!
    I stole a few ideas of yours ;)
    I just started my bucket list last night, and I’m already at 72 things.

46. [...] hear lots of people talking about dreams and bucket list items. Among travelers, these lists usually consist of things like summiting Kilimanjaro or exploring [...]

47. Magu Bee says:

Congratulations on having already achieved so much!

By the looks of it, you should get to do all the enlisted items… After all, seems to me like you’re just getting started with your life journey (that’s probably gonna take at least 30 more years ;)), so with all that you’ve already crossed off the list – there’s no stopping you to do so with each and every point!

I can see a lot of common goals, although I must admit that I haven’t been doing all too much to start actually living the list. About to change soon :)
    Don’t know how much of a help it will be but once you finally get yourself over to Poland, let me know. I don’t live in Cracow but would love to keep you company when you’re here!

I certainly hope that I’m only at the beginning of my journey! I’ve definitely fallen even further in love with traveling over this past year, so I don’t plan to stop anytime soon!

Thanks for the Poland invite! :)

48. Samantha says:

As I was reading your very in depth and well organized bucket list I couldn’t help but mentally tick off the things on your list that I have been fortunate enough to accomplish myself. I’m really loving being able to travel so much and that there are times in life where you just have to grab life by the horns and say no, this is how I choose to feel and this is what we’re going to do. Also I really hope I win the India trip!

49. Kirsten J E says:

Hi! I love this bucket list, just so many awesome ideas and on my blog I have created something quite similar, though I named it “100 by 100″, all of my travel goals and the destinations I want to complete them in! I’m only just starting out my travel this year so I have very few crossed off, but hopefully soon I will have quite a few ticks on the list like you have already achieved at a young age too! Very inspiring :)

Here is my version: http://ajumbleofletters.com/100-by-100/
    Kirsten J E recently posted..The Emerald Isle is a true gem: Top Ten of Ireland

Thanks! I have indeed ticked quite a few things off this list of mine, though I’m constantly adding things to it, too!

Good luck with your own list!

50. Jessica says:

wow what a great list you have there! and how awesome it is that you have been able to check off a bunch of things so far! I have a long list too, just hoping I’ll be able to cross off some! :) thanks for being so inspiring! and I love how you are a “normal” person and not doing a RTW trip! I get really discouraged because I read so many blogs of people who are permanently traveling and that’s just not possible at this stage in my life (probably never will be). So, thanks again! I feel so cheesy with my constant “thank you’s”, but you truly deserve it! :)
    Jessica recently posted..G is for Gators: On the Lookout for Them in the Big Easy

Aww, you’re so sweet, Jessica! Thanks! I’m constantly updating this list – but also constantly crossing things off!

51. Olivia says:

This is so great! I love this list, I might use the format to make my own. So far I have done the 21 things to do before I turn 22 list/ 22 things to do before I turn 23 from Positively Present. But I love how extensive this list is, especially since you have done so much.
    Although, I am sad to see the Canada section so small. There are so many great things here in Canada. Go Spirit bear watching in the Great Bear Rainforest. Go above the arctic circle on June 21 and watch the sun never set. Have Tourtiere (much better than poutine) in Quebec during Carnaval de Quebec (also High-five Bonhomme) Beaver tails on the Rideau Canal, getting Screeched in Newfoundland, and you may never be able to swim with belugas as the temperature of the water is well below 0 (unless you’re wearing a special scuba suit) but that would be awesome. Anyway these are a few of the things that are pretty awesome to do in Canada. Thanks for the great post! Good luck completing them all!

Yes, I definitely need to put more things in my Canada section!!

(And, as for the beluga swimming, you can do it up in Churchill every summer!)

52. Kathleen says:

Hello! I just want to say that i stumbled upon your website while i was doing a search on what to pack to take to Europe for 3 months and honestly i’m so glad i found it! I just spent hours reading the blog and you have just become my hero!! I’m leaving to Spain/italy in a couple of days and your website just gave me so many ideas on where to go and what to do! not a big fan of blogs, but this one i can say just became one of my favorites :)

Aww thanks so much for the fantastic comment, Kathleen! I’m really glad you stumbled upon my little corner of the Internet! :)

53. Alex. says:

Hello! I saw that you were in Romania! Also I saw your Bucket List. Putting these two together, I want to ask you a few things:

Have you been to Bucharest? Have you seen House of the People (Romanian Parliament)? You know it is the largest office building in Europe and second in the world after the Pentagon?

I think this is something that you can add and cross off from your Bucket List! What do you think?

However, if you have not visited Bucharest, when you come in Romania we offer to be your guide. (team “Proud to be Romanian” – “Mandru ca sunt Roman”)

PS: Thank you so much for the beautiful words you wrote about Romania!

54. Shannon J says:

Great bucket list – I stole some :-)

55. M Plaza says:

I see that you have in your bucket list to participate in an archaeological dig…well there is a very cool site discovered in 2009 and in need of volunteers in Magdala Israel. I’m currently a volunteer there and have had the opportunity to visit some pretty amazing places (Dead sea anyone?!). I found your site last year when I was looking for information about Iceland, since that time I visited a couple of places in Europe and the Caribbean, I spent three months in India, some time in Thailand and two amazing weeks in Myanmar. Certainly “The World Is a Book and Those Who Do Not Travel Read Only One Page”!

Awesome, I will definitely keep that in mind! It would be cool to visit Israel one of these days.

56. anu says:

fantastic list.
    some of them made me smile.
    some people dont plan out their life. I see you are totally a architect of your life and life journeys.
    really inspiring.
    i sure will steal some from your list. :)
    God bless

57. Shashank says:

Amazing compilation. Well thought out.
    But one question.. Why nothing from India? You may want to check out a few places in India too.! Not advertising my homeland :p
    I plan to go for my second backpack trip to Europe in October and i must say i am inspired by your articles.. Again the thought so much to see in such a short time!!
    Anyhow, glad i found your site. Another follower added to your list ;)
    Cheers!

I will eventually tackle India, I’m sure, but not just yet! (And I do have one thing in India on my list – the Taj Mahal!)

58. Elliot Grove says:

I’m gonna keep this page bookmarked, and see if I can’t help you get some of these crossed off.

59. Rachael says:

Skydiving in the Swiss Alps! http://skydiveswissalps.com/Locations.html
    I did mine in Lauterbrunnen, and while it scared the absolute bejeezus out of me and I would never do it again, I would definitely recommend it at least once. And could you get a better scenery??

I also did La Tomatina this year. I went with Stoke Travel as a solo traveller. Wasn’t too bad, great energy but it was my first lone journey and I definitely need to put myself out there abit more!
    Rachael recently posted..Remembrance Day in London 2013

60. Ooooo the lava thing!! I need to add that to mine! Glad to see India on your list ;)
    Surya Bhattacharya recently posted..Lessons from London

61. Angelique says:

That is an impressive list ! I can help you with the poutine, you are welcome anytime in MTL !

62. […] long ago, when I first started thinking about my travel bucket list, “riding an elephant in the jungle” was something I dreamt of someday doing — […]

63. Heather says:

Wow your bucket list is amazing!!! Hope I can do all of that someday
    Heather recently posted..Spies, Traitors, and Saboteurs

64. […] following this dream. I have student loans and credit card debt and way too many destinations on my travel bucket list. My bank account has never become acquainted with large sums of money or hefty […]

65. Heather says:

Suggestion for your weird/local festival: If you are ever in Arkansas you should come during Toad Suck Daze in Conway.
    Heather recently posted..Barbie Wednesday

66. Ethan says:

When you are at Table mountain in Cape Town, make sure to do the abseiling! I think twice on the same day! I did my 2nd skydive over in Cape Town too! First was in Jungfrau Switzerland.

Love your site! Cheers!

67. Tessa says:

What a wonderfully diverse and exciting list, Amanda! This is inspiring me to update my own :) Two things that I have on mine: watching a live NASCAR race and a Monster truck event!
    Tessa recently posted..Viajera Profile: Caroline Lontoc-Diaz